Sign in to follow this  
jberke

Background color in content area on short pages

jberke

I have a few pages with very little content (e.g., http://www.nurseatyourdoor.com/patients/patient-request/request-received/). The page template area (id=dynamic-content, class=outline) is larger than the content section (id=content) in these cases because #dynamic-content has min-height=400px. I can obviously define a custom CSS rule to change #dynamic-content's min-height but I was looking to see if anyone had a safer solution. I assume there was a good reason the content area has a minimum height defined in the first place and I don't want to break something in some browser I haven't checked. In addition, customizing the CSS of a specific id, as opposed to a class, doesn't seem to fit the normal PageLines customization model. Any suggestions on the best way to make these short pages look better?

catrina
That blue background especially looks more problematic underneath the content area of white. Perhaps you can make the min-height a little smaller. I'm not sure why the min-height was set, but my guess is so that the footer wouldn't be too high up.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny
You can safely change the min-height on #dynamic-content. If you want, you can even set it to 'auto' instead of a pixel height.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.