Sign in to follow this  
flylanddesigns

How can I change the header and body content background color independently?

flylanddesigns

For some reason the body content and header are linked together, so when I change the color of the content, it changes the color of a portion of the header (with the menu and logo in it). I just want to change the content area to white, and keep the header and body background color the same. I'm using Pagelines Framework. Thanks!

Rob
You appear to be using banners which gives us another option. Do you have Firebug for Firefox? If not, I strongly recommend it to everyone: http://www.getfirebug.com Here's what I came up with: [code]#banners .content-pad { background-color: #FFFFFF; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-top: 15px; }[/code] Note, your font is white, so it vanishes in a white background.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

flylanddesigns
Thanks, I usually change the fonts/font colors last because I always go back and forth with the background color. I do use firebug, but when I hover over the content area, I can't seem to find a div that holds the main content of the fixed-width area. Thanks for the solution, but the problem is, there are some pages that I don't use banners on (like the content section). However, I suppose I could use banners for everything. They are pretty useful.

mackenzie
Did you have a chance to try Robert's suggestion? I'm viewing your site now (very cool design by the way).

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

flylanddesigns
Thanks! The solution didn't really work, because there are some pages that aren't made up of banners. The solution I came up with, which is pretty poor, was to create a background image with a white section 960px wide going down the middle, so it appears that the content area is white, when really it's the background behind it. So, no, I still have not figured out how to change the content area independently from the header. I just can't find the right div. I'd appreciate any help, thanks

catrina
Try this code instead: [code]#dynamic-content div.content-pad {background-color: #FFFFFF;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse