Sign in to follow this  
lukaspustina

Move sidebar in mobile view from below post to above post

lukaspustina

Hi, I a new user of page lines. Currently, the sidebar of my blog is presented below the blog post when viewed in the mobile version. I think this is not very helpful considering a blog which shows full post instead of teasers. Therefore, I'd like to know how I can move sidebar above the posts in the mobile version. Thanks a lot, Lukas

Rob
Lukas, Let's try a brief experiment before we change too many things. Please go to [b]Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Layout Editor[/b] and look for "[b]Disable Mobile Optimized View[/b]". There is a checkbox below that. If it is checked, uncheck it, then Save Options and view your site. If it is unchecked, then check it, save and view. Let me know if either option fix the layout. Thanks for your patience with this as we try to resolve your issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lukaspustina
Rangelone, I did as you suggested. The checkbox was [b]not[/b] checked. So I checked it leaving me with the desktop version even on mobile devices. Then I checked it again which left me with the mobile version on mobiles again, but still, the sidebar is placed below the first article. Okay, what's next? Best regards, Lukas

Jenny
Hi Lukas. I believe what he was suggesting was that the issue may be resolved by checking the box to disable mobile view. I have the box checked on all my sites as I prefer the standard view over the "mobile optimized" view.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

lukaspustina
Hi Jenny, I see. I do like the mobile view, but the sidebar movement to the bottom of the page leads to a bad user experience. The user needs to scroll all the way down. Therefore, I'd like to have the sidebar above. Any suggestions how I can make this work?

catrina
Can you please disable mobile view one more time to see if it works? (Disabling this worked for another customer - just need to see if it'll happen this time)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

lukaspustina
Hi Catrina, I just disabled mobile view resulting in the desktop version on mobile devices. What's next?

Rob
Was their any change in the way your site shows up on a mobile device?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Can anyone read here lol? His issue is not that the mobile version is NOT working, its working fine but he just does not like the way paglines re-organizes the page to fit. He is asking if you can move the sidebar content ABOVE the start of the blog posts rather then having it below. OP Correct me if im wrong.
  • Like 1

mackenzie
Lukas, Currently the mobile view configuration is set to it's current layout. If you would like to submit a feature request please go to http://pagelines.com/tracking and put in your request. We apologize for all the confusion.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.