Sign in to follow this  
musiclikedirt

Buddypress has stopped working

musiclikedirt

Hi A couple of days ago I noticed my Buddypress forums had stopped working after being fine since buddypress support was reintroduced to pagelines. The forums look fine but you cant add comments or create new topics. Im not sure if this is something anyone here can help with but Ive tried to fix for the last 2 days. Ive reinstalled pagelines, switched off all plugins to check for conflicts, all to no avail but the forums work when I switch to another buddypress compatible theme. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Danny
Hi, Have you made any changes in the last few days since the issue become apparent? Also, would it be possible to create a test account so the PageLines forum support team can login and diagnose the issue please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

musiclikedirt
Hi Danny Thank you for your help, but I have "sort of" solved the problem for now, although not in the most wise way. I ended up going into the Wordpress database itself and deleting all pagelines preferences stored in the database. This seems to have worked although by doing so Ive also lost all the settings, headers, icons, etc etc for the site. Im now slowly rebuilding them. It must've been something stored in the database by pagelines? If during the course of rebuilding the site the same problems happens again i'll create a test account. Thanks again for your prompt help.

musiclikedirt
The problem returned but I have worked out what causes it. Buddypress works perfectly until I set a "feature" as a default across the site. With a feature box turned on Buddypress ceases to work. This wasnt the case previously but if I turn it off then the forums work again