Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Default Filtering Blogs by Category

Michael_J

Is it possible to show only blogs from specific categories, on my home page? I would then allow users to choose from other (all) categories using the "Categories" widget in the sidebar.

catrina
To clarify: individual blog posts from one specific category or two specific categories? (Either way, this requires adjustments to the post loop)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Michael_J
Hi Catrina, Thanks again. For example: A posts page (default blog) that shows all posts from Categories 1, 3 and 5 exclusively, but does not show posts from Categories 2 and 4. Posts from categories 1~5 can be viewed individually by selecting from the categories widget.

Rob
Michael, Create a static page, then use the Special Recent Posts plugin and set it up several times on the page (it's a customized shortcode) http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/ This will give you the thumbnails, title, link, excerpt, etc. as you wish, all designed in the custom shortcode you create. When you save the static page, it will show the category based posts in order. You can put a category header over each grouping. This eliminates the need to edit the post loop. The plugin does the work for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur