Sign in to follow this  
slingr

hentry a and hentry-title formatting

slingr

I've targeted the .hentry a selector to make my text links bold (actually font-weight 600). This works fine. However, I have a problem in that the post titles that appear on the category and blog summary pages are also getting bolded since they're links. I don't want them bolded. I've tried styling the hentry-title selector with font-weight: normal, listed AFTER the hentry a selector, but it doesn't have any effect. I have noticed a bit of a difference in that when viewed in Chrome there's not so much of the bold, but in FF, IE, and Safari it's very noticable. Any suggestions for how to target the post titles on the summary pages such that they do NOT inherit the font-weight from hentry a? Thanks in advance.

Danny
Hi Slingr, Are you trying to add the font-weight:600 to this? [i]Professional educator and program manager. Experienced analyst. Problem-solver. Passionate about:[/i]

Please search our forums, before posting!

slingr
No, I only want the font-weight:600 to apply to the links in the post. The problem is that I'm trying to make it NOT apply to the hentry-title on the blog and category pages that show the post summaries. For example, this page: http://stevestockdale.com/portfolio/category/columns/ ... you can see that the titles are bold because I've bolded the hentry anchor tag. What I want is for these titles to NOT be bold, even though they are links.

catrina
Have you already tried this CSS?: [code]h2.entry-title a {font-weight: normal;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

slingr
Catrina, I messed that up about a half-dozen different ways until I got it right. It's usually the obvious error staring me in the face until I'm blinded to it. Thanks a lot.