Sign in to follow this  
rosiecatalano

Permanent text or image section above content

rosiecatalano

Hi, I'd like to add a permanent image or text section above the content area so that it is visible on all pages. Web-layout-Sample.jpg So far I've tried ContentBox and FitText Section from the Pagelines store, dragging them to the 'Page Templates' area and sitting it above 'Content'. When I preview them though, they sit the full width under the main navigation area rather than leaving room for the primary sidebar to go beside them, and they also doesn't show up on my Home page where my posts go. I'm working on a local host so unfortunately I can't provide a link however I've embedded an image above with the section I'm hoping to add being in red. Cheers.

Danny
Hi, This is your second question that has had me slightly confused, are you using Platform Pro or PageLines Framework. As you previous question on the forums, you mention you're using Platform Pro and trying to use PageLines Customisation plug-in. Therefore, would it be possible for you to inform us what PageLines product you're using please. All products on the PageLines store, are only compatible with PageLines Framework.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rosiecatalano
Hi Danny, I'm using Platform Pro - or at least I believe that's what I'm using as that's what I paid for. Should I not have access to the Pagelines store if I'm using Pro?

rosiecatalano
As per the other post - I released that I am in fact using Frameworks Platform, just got confused by the 'Professional Edition' tag. Apologies for any confusion.

Danny
Hi Rosie, When you visit PageLines > Templates, you will see "Page Templates" (usually highlighted blue) and next to that (right hand side) you should see the following "Content Area", "SideBar Wrap", "SB1" and "SB2". If you click on the "Content Area" so this highlights blue and then drag and drop the Content Box into this instead. It will be inside the Content Area of your page. Page Templates = Full Width of page Content Area = Inside the content area of the page. Hope this helps.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rosiecatalano
Excellent. That works. Also realised that my 'Home' page sits on the default template but that it's content area is under 'Blog' which explains why it wasn't showing up there before even though it worked on the other pages. Thanks for all of your help, much appreciated.