Sign in to follow this  
etiennek

Sections not loading after moving servers

Danny
Hi, How did you move server, would it be possible to provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
Its safe to delete tranients, they are wordpress temp tables. Click the refresh store button in the pagelines store area of wp-admin

etiennek
@Pross - thanks that seemed to do it. Only issue is, this is a WP network and doing this for each site is not really an option. Any other suggestions for future reference? @Danny - I pretty much took a copy of my WP source directory and a MySQL dump and put it on the new server. This should in my mind not cause any issues?

etiennek
Just to give some more info on how I moved and what changed: The code stayed the same; The database dump stayed the same; The Domain names stayed the same; The only real changes were the underlying hardware and the paths to my webroot.

Simon
as its a MS setup you could just search phpmyadmin for %transient% and delete all of them.

etiennek
@simon I did that, but that also deleted some widget placement information. It seems the only (not so pretty) solution is to put a symbolic link on the new server that mimmics the path of the old server. This won't work with shared hosting though. Anyone know of any plugins that will invalidate the cache for a Multisite? Are there any plans of putting this into pagelines for a MS network? This reminds me of a quote: "There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things." :)

Simon
no widget settings would be stored in a transient ;) No settings at all are in transients, it is expendable data only...