Sign in to follow this  
crwstudio

my site colors are not changing

crwstudio

i'm using the color control tab to try to change my text colors and none of them are changing. i'm trying to do a grey for the primary and header texts and red for the link text and nothing is updating. thanks so much! rochelle

catrina
Is there any Custom CSS in your settings that may be overwriting your Color Control settings? If so, it may need to be removed.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

crwstudio
nope, i haven't added any custom css for text. :(

Rob
Do you have any special plugins that control colors, or any older plugins that might cause a conflict?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

crwstudio
i have simple css lite, but it doesn't control the body or link text.

Danny
Hi, Can you disable all active plug-ins and see if you can make changes. Whatever the outcome after trying the above suggestion, please reply here and inform us.

Please search our forums, before posting!

crwstudio
will do danny...i'll report back soon!

Rob
We're looking forward to the news!

crwstudio
i deactivated all of them and still no change :(

Danny
Hi, Can you post a screenshot of your Color Control settings page please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

crwstudio
here are my pageline settings... [img]http://crwstudio.com/families/wp-content/gallery/pagelines-help/pagelines-color-settings.jpg[/img] reading up on this issue, i've seen where some people have had success by switching to a different template and then switching back to pagelines. but i'm worried i would lose everything if i did that. thank you so much for your help!

crwstudio
and my css lite settings... [img]http://crwstudio.com/families/wp-content/gallery/pagelines-help/simple-css-light-settings.jpg[/img]

crwstudio
and here are the plugins i have... [img]http://crwstudio.com/families/wp-content/gallery/pagelines-help/pagelines-plugins.jpg[/img] hopefully these screenshots aren't too small.

catrina
[quote]i've seen where some people have had success by switching to a different template and then switching back to pagelines. but i'm worried i would lose everything if i did that.[/quote] If you switch to a different theme by activating one (like Twenty Ten, for example), you won't lose the PageLines Framework settings (because you're not getting rid of it - it's just being deactivated).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

crwstudio
so, i switched to a different theme and then switched back again and still no change. i've poured over all the different in pagelines, over my plug-ins, over everything and i have no idea why i can't get my blog text, blog header and link colors to change colors. it's pretty frustrating.

Rob
Rochelle, Before I get too deep into this, let me point out that your background is 3Mb in size. You should shrink that to <1Mb using a graphics editor (resizing to a smaller size). Then, use the Supersize option in PageLines. I'm unsure if this may be having an effect on your colors, and doubt it, but then I've found large images occupy too much memory resources on your server and can cause a number of issues with website performance. I found this in Dynamic CSS: [code][/code] It looks like some of your settings are being hard-coded. Can you verify what's in PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules? Please paste that code in your reply.

Simon
Your page is nearly 6M in size!!! http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/m9zuQtl8f/http://crwstudio.com/families/