Sign in to follow this  
johnlatham

Styling the 404 page

johnlatham

Hello, I need some help in styling my 404 page. I would like it to look exactly like my home page, but instead of the main image, just having the '404! Sorry, this page does not exist. Go home or try a search?' in the center like it already is. I'd like to take off the search bar and also delete the text 'or try a search?' Also on my current 404 page it has footers and a twitter bar which I would need removing. Any help for the custom code? Thanks!

Rob
John, If you look in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup in the drop down list, you'll find a 404 Error Page template. There, you may implement several drag and drop elements. If you need text, I'd suggest using a Universal sidebar with a text widget. You should also be able to add a search box there from your Widgets area.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

johnlatham
[quote]If you look in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup in the drop down list, you'll find a 404 Error Page template. There, you may implement several drag and drop elements.[/quote] When I go to edit the 404 error page template there are no sections in the display panel. None are currently activated apart from a fixed one called 'No posts'. [quote]If you need text, I'd suggest using a Universal sidebar with a text widget. You should also be able to add a search box there from your Widgets area. [/quote] Did you read what I put? I don't need extra text or a search bar - I need text removing that is already there and I need the search bar removing Like I said - "I'd like to take off the search bar and also delete the text 'or try a search?'"

catrina
As a temporary CSS solution, you can use this CSS to hide your 3-column footer and Twitter bar: [code]body.error404 #morefoot_area {display: none !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse