Sign in to follow this  
policyschool

Eliminating white space

policyschool

How do I remove the white space between my boxes and my special recent posts feed on my homepage? I basically just want to move them closer together.

tsalstrand
Enter the following code into Pagelines>Custom Code>Custom CSS [code] #boxes .content-pad {padding-bottom: 5px;}[/code]

policyschool
that doesn't seem to have any effect

catrina
This is a top margin issue with the Special Posts feed. There is more margin space at the top than around everywhere else in that feed area, so you'll need to reduce it to perhaps a negative pixel value. To find which CSS element needs adjustment, you can use Firebug (a tutorial on how to use it for CSS customization is here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS#How_to_use_CSS_Inspection_Tools). For more information on how to adjust margin spacing, please see here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_margin.asp.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

policyschool
I found the element but it is set to 0 and will not let me go negative. It seems to be a padding issue rather than a margin issue. In the editor altering the first value changed the margin but I could only increase it. .hentry-pad { padding: 0pt 10px 25px; }

catrina
Try using a different selector in the CSS (there are multiple ones in there). I also checked again and it looks like there's some kind of DIV layer that's empty and unused between your boxes and special posts feed so perhaps that needs to be hidden using [b]display: none;[/b]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse