Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Changing the Order of Items in single.php

WebWerx

Just wondering what the best approach is to take when one wants to move or change the location of an item within single.php. To be more specific, currently the first thing one sees is the NAV (previous <> next post>), Post Title, Full Post MetaBar.... etc. Perhaps I want to move (or remove) NAV (previous <> next post>) -- (just an example). How do I move it somewhere else in single.php? Or remove it entirely? I guess this question carries through to other non-configurable areas of the Framework.... I hope I am explaining myself well. ;;)

catrina
Have you tried using the Template settings under the PageLines tab on your Dashboard? (For reference: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Template_Setup)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

WebWerx
@catrina: Oh yes - for sure! The issue is that what I want to do does not seem possible with neither Sections nor the Blog configuration options in the main setup. Here is what I see when I look at the Blog template: http://cl.ly/0n1V0u162u1k0h2o1V2i. So how would I move "NAV (previous <> next post>" - for example? I wouldn't be able to here. So digging some more... the stuff I really want to sink my teeth into is the Post Loop as everything I am talking about in my question appears here. Sooooooooo... then the question I should have asked is "What is the best way to edit Sections? ;;)

Rob
Oddly, in the screenshot above, I don't see the Posts Nav in the left column. You should be able to use that and align it above or below any other elements in the left column of drag and drop items. Have you tried that?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebWerx
@rangelone: AHA! I was looking at the Page Template for Blog not Blog Post. So I think this item is resolved for the moment. I need to get used to the utter functionality of the PL Framework. It is overwhelming at times.