Sign in to follow this  
karim

Old footer nav.?

karim

Hey guys, I've bought the new Station Pro 3 theme today and activated it. I saw that the footer has a new layout and the links are not longer side by side, but among each other. So I want to ask you if it is possible to chang the footer navigation to the old navigation like here: Klick EDIT: I have another question guys: On some sites of my page, the footer, where "Go to Top" is standing, is a little bit smaller then the content. How can I make this footer exactly so wide like the content? For example look Here. You see that the footer there is smaller then the content =/ Thank you,

cmunns

The width is off simply bc the left side is missing a logo. By default the site logo is placed there making it five columns and the same width but you don't have a logo. You can change all those columns by dragging widgets into the footer_columns widget holder. To change the footer back to the old one you'd have to copy the footer from your older version. We can assist if you like. Just got to show me what the old footer code looks like

karim

Hey, To the columns and logo: I tried to set a logo and slogan on top of the page to see if it works with the column, but nothing changed after that and I don't want to use widgets. Is there an other possibility to make the column there wider? To the footer: I replaced the new footer.php with the old one, but it didn't work. So I would be glad if you can assist. What do you need exactly to help?

bryan-hadaway

cmunns I think was referring to the footer logo, if you don't want to have a logo or widget there you could simply try uploading a transparent gif or png as a placeholder. For the footer issue, he didn't want you to simply overwrite the new one with the old one. He wants you to post the footer code here so he can make the necessary alterations to make it usable with the new theme, although this may need CSS attention as well. Thanks, Bryan

karim

Hi and thanks for the help, I placed a transparent png file as a placeholder as the footer logo, but it doesn't work. It is the same like before. I don't understand why this mistake appears only on the sites News, Partner and Kontakt. The other sites work properly. The mistake is only on this 3 sites. To the footer: Here is the old code from the footer.php:

</div><!-- end container --> </div> <!-- end content shadow fade --> </div><!-- end contentshadow --> <div class="clear"></div> <?php global $bbpress_forum; if(($bbpress_forum && pagelinesforum('hide_bottom_sidebars')) || !pagelines('bottom_sidebars') || !VPRO) $hide_footer = true; else $hide_footer = false; ?> <?php if(!$hide_footer):?> <div class="contentshadow"> <div class="container"> <div id="morefoot" class="fix"> <div class="hl"></div> <div id="morefootbg" class="fix"> <div class="wcontain fix"> <?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('footer_left') ) : ?> <div class="widget"> <?php if(!pagelines('sidebar_no_default')):?> <h3><?php _e('Looking for something?',TDOMAIN);?></h3> <p><?php _e('Use the form below to search the site:',TDOMAIN);?></p> <?php include (LIB . '/_searchform.php'); ?> <p><?php _e('Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!',TDOMAIN);?></p> </div> <?php endif;?> <?php endif; ?> </div> <div class="wcontain"> <?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('footer_middle') ) : ?> <?php if(!pagelines('sidebar_no_default')):?> <div class="widget"> <h3><?php _e('Visit our friends!',TDOMAIN);?></h3><p><?php _e('A few highly recommended friends...',TDOMAIN);?></p>
  • <?php wp_list_bookmarks('title_li=&categorize=0'); ?>
</div> <?php endif;?> <?php endif; ?> </div> <div class="wcontain"> <?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('footer_right') ) : ?> <?php if(!pagelines('sidebar_no_default')):?> <div class="widget"> <h3><?php _e('Archives',TDOMAIN);?></h3><p><?php _e('All entries, chronologically...',TDOMAIN);?></p>
  • <?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly&limit=12'); ?>
</div> <?php endif;?> <?php endif; ?> </div> </div> </div><!-- Closes morefoot --> </div><!-- end container --> </div><!-- end contentshadow --> <?php endif; ?> </div></div> <!-- end pagewraps --> <div id="footer"> <div id="pagefoot"> <?php if(pagelines('footnav')):?> <ul id="footnav"> <li class="page_item <?php if ( is_front_page() ) { ?>current_page_item<?php } ?>">/" title="<?php _e('Home',TDOMAIN);?>"><?php _e('Home',TDOMAIN);?> <?php $frontpage_id = get_option('page_on_front'); if($bbpress_forum && pagelinesforum('exclude_pages')){ $forum_exclude = ','.pagelinesforum('exclude_pages');} else{ $forum_exclude = '';} wp_list_pages('exclude='.$frontpage_id.$forum_exclude.'&depth=1&title_li=');?> <?php endif;?> <span class="terms"> <?php if(VPRO) e_pagelines('terms');?> <?php if(pagelines('debug_mode') && VPRO):?> <?php _e('— Page load time:',TDOMAIN);?> <?php timer_stop(1); ?> <?php _e('seconds.',TDOMAIN);?> <?php endif;?> </span> </div> </div> <div id="cred" class="pagelines"> <div class="p fix" style="padding: 0px "> "> <?php if(pagelines('credtext')):?><?php echo pagelines('credtext'); ?> <?php else:?> CMS wordpress themes <?php endif;?> </div> </div> </div> <!-- end #wrapper --> </div> <!-- end #site --> <!-- Footer Scripts Go Here --> <?php e_pagelines('footerscripts');?> <!-- End Footer scripts --> <?php wp_footer(); ?> </body> </html>
The css code for the footer in the old style.css is the following:
/* @ FOOTER */ #morefoot #s {width: 166px;margin:1em 0;} #pagefoot { clear:both; font-size:1em; overflow:hidden; text-align: center; padding: 20px 10px 20px 10px; } #pagefoot h1{color: #999;margin-bottom: .5em;} #pagefoot #footnav, #pagefoot #footnav li{display:inline;list-style-type:none;} #pagefoot #footnav small{display: none;} #pagefoot #footnav em{font-style:normal;} #pagefoot .terms {color: #666;line-height: 3em;} #pagefoot #footnav {margin-left: 20px; } #footnav li a{ color: #ccc; padding: 3px 2px; line-height: 1em; margin-right: 10px; text-decoration:none; } #footnav li a:hover{ border-top:1px solid #666; border-bottom: 1px solid #666;} #footnav li.on a{border-top:1px solid #666; border-bottom: 1px solid #666;}

cmunns

In it's simplest form you can you replace this: `

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Footer Columns') ) : ?>
<?php if(pagelines('footer_logo') && VPRO):?> <?php bloginfo('name');?> <?php else:?>

<?php bloginfo('name');?>

<?php endif;?>

<?php _e('Pages',TDOMAIN);?>

<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_nav' ) ); ?>

<?php _e('Stay In Touch',TDOMAIN);?>

<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_social' ) ); ?>

<?php _e('More',TDOMAIN);?>

<?php if(pagelines('welcomemessage')):?>
<?php echo pagelines('welcomemessage');?>
<?php endif;?>
<?php e_pagelines('terms');?>
<?php endif; ?>
` with this: `
  • <?php wp_list_pages('&depth=1&title_li=""');?>
2010 © YourSite
` Get this far, then we'll style it a little neater.

karim

Thank you for the code! I replaced the code and I think we must style it now. Take a look at www.premierleaguetreff.com

cmunns

Let's see what happens if you place the styles from the old footer in your custom.css file

karim

So, I replaced the new css footer datas with the old ones from the old style.css. Now it looks like this: http://www.premierleaguetreff.com/ Lokks better, better there are 2 mistakes which I see. First: Over the sites there are some stripes or something else. Second: Under the sites there are the words 2010 ?© YourSite and not the words "2010 ?© Premier League Treff". A mistake in the .php data?

cmunns

Well if you look at the code I gave you above. I gave you a hardcoded version of the copyright. So you'll have to change that to say something other than "yoursite" The other two things look like a pair of double quotes that need t be deleted in the code as well after the li here so that there is only a single quote at the end after the equal sign: `<?php wp_list_pages('&depth=1&title_li=""');?>`

karim

Okay, I deleted one of the double quotes so that the code looks like this:

<?php wp_list_pages('&depth=1&title_li="');?>

, but it has not changed. You can still see a double quote there, although I deleted one of them in the php code =/

wp101

Hey Michel, Do you still have this problem? I believe cmunns meant for you to remove both the double quotes and be left with this: <?php wp_list_pages('&depth=1&title_li=');?>

karim

Hey Talha, Thanks for your answer. I tried to delet both of the quotes, but now the Copyright is next to this sitemap there. Take a look on my page: www.premierleaguetreff.com If this is right, the Copyright must be under this sitemap now.

cmunns

If you want it under add `display:block;` to the CSS for #pagefoot .terms

karim

I put now the following code into the Footer Script contentbox in the acp in Theme Options -> Custom code:

#pagefoot .terms {display:block;} 
But nothing changed. If I put only the code
display:block;

into the box there, nothing changed, too =/ I just want to have the copyright under this little sitemap.

cmunns

If you're going that route, you have the correct code...but it should go where "custom css" is marked and not in the footer scripts box.

karim

Okay, no it works. Thank you very much! And now my last question: What can we do with the column so that the column is exactly so wide like the content? As you can see the column is on the pages Kontakt, Partner and News smaller then on the other sides. I tried already to place there a transperent .png file as a placeholder as a custom footer logo, but it doesn't help and I don't understand why this is only on this three pages(Partner, Kontakt and News)!? On the Pages Manager, Online Liga and Home it is right.

bryan-hadaway

I'm not seeing any issues, were you able to fix this? Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

It should go away if you add content like with the other pages

karim

So, i tried to fix it and I could fix it on the pages Partner and Kontakt, by setting the page template of the Kontakt- and Partner page to the Full Width Page(before this I had it on standart). But: On the Page News there is still the problem, also If I set the template there to the Full Width Page and I write an article. Can someone help?

cmunns

Okay if you go back to the CUSTOM CSS area that you entered code into before. You can add this to the bottom and it should fix it `#contentcontainer #contentborder {overflow:hidden;}`

karim

Yeah it works, thanks you two so much for your help :)

btohara

Michael if you are still reading this I am still struggling with the same issue. I checked out the premier league treff sit and noticed that you got everything working finally. This thread is a bit long and drawn out and I am having trouble following it. So I Was wondering if you would be kind enough to post the final solution along with the code? Thanks