Sign in to follow this  
khero

WP e-commerce - Products Category page not working with Pagelines

khero

Hi all, I??™ve set up an e-commerce site using Pagelines2 and "WP e-commerce" plugin by GetShopped, but there??™s one thing which is not working: i have all my products in different categories and a WP e-commerce category widget in the sidebar. Once i click on one of the categories, the resulting page is trying to display an image but i only see a few pixels of canvas, then it prints the name of the item, price, discount, etc??¦ but all in one line, with a wrong format and i only get one product instead of the whole list, like if the whole query is wrong. I've already asked for support going to the official forum for the plugin but i've found out that it's a theme issue, since TwentyEleven displays everything correctly. Can anybody help? Does anybody have a similar experience with this plugin? How did you solve it? Thanks, Marco

Danny

Hi Marco, Would it be possible to disable all active plug-ins except for the Get Shopped plug-in and see if this resolves the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

khero

Hi Danny, Nope, doesn't solve. Anyway, i only have "BJ lazy load", "Fancybox" and "Post from a category" plugins running active, apart from e-commerce and "pagelines customize" of course.

catrina

Have you already tried deactivating these to see if the problem persists?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

khero

Hi Catrina, Yeah, i've tried deactivating every single plugin but it doesn't work. Seems like pagelines doesn't like loading the products from a category. No one else has tried to use the wp e-commerce plugin with pagelines 2?

khero

am i the only person trying to set up an e-shop with pagelines and wp e-commerce??? O_o

Simon

Have you thought about jigoshop? We have a plugin in testing that fixes the layouts.

khero

Hi Simon, Thanks for your answer. I'm having a look. I've purchased WP e-commerce because i found out that it is the most used plugin for e-commerce on wordpress and thought i would not be having any issues with pagelines because of that... ironic isn't it? Changing plugin would require me A LOT of work and before doing that i would like to know if this Jigoshop works fine with Pagelines 2.1.3 and WP 3.3.1. Thanks for your help ;)

tsalstrand

If you don't mind putting a little money on it... I'd strongly suggest WP E-Store... works the best and has the most functionality! :)

tsalstrand

Oh, and it's not just Pagelines that doesn't mesh with WP e-commerce... Genesis and Gabfire frameworks don't like it either. Problem isn't Pagelines... its WP e-commerce.

khero

Thanks @tsalstrand, So you can confirm that e-shop works fine with pagelines 2? Does it have useful widget like "random products", "price range", etc...? @Simon, I tried installing jigoshop and for some reason the layout screws up by moving only the shop content all the way to the left. U've mentioned a plugin that would fix some layout issues: is it going to be ready any time soon? I'm kind of in a rush here and i would like to know if that would be an option. Thanks! Marco

Danny

Hi Marco, If you contact simon at pagelines dot com and ask to test our pre-release JigoShop plug-in, he will send it to you. He has wrote a post about it here http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18418/any-jigoshop-users-want-to-try-a-pre-release-plugin#Item_1

Please search our forums, before posting!

cmaynor

can any answer this without suggesting using something else the problem is in the archive view or category that has not been added as a wordpress categorie only as a wp-ecommerce product category and the page shows either as blog layout or magazine- it needs to be overwriten some how to use the wp-com display of a product category

I have exactly the same problem - the product categories list displays correctly, and when you click on any category it list all products as blog layout/entries. Is there any way at all to disable this? Custom CSS? I realise that this is most likely a WP-ecommerce issue (totally useless software, bugs galore), but I need a fast/temporary fix for this issue for a live site. The site is using iBlogPro4 (http://www.rhldirect.com/store/) PS It stared happening the other day where the site owner updated WP and WP-ecommerce to the latest versions. It used to work correctly with the older versions.