Sign in to follow this  
srussel2

Removing the space between Content and Footer

srussel2

Hi again, I am trying to remove the space between the content and footer. It only expands with the content if the content is X height. Even for a page with minimal text I would like the footer to be right up against the content. I did search past topics, but none of the answers I found worked on all browsers. Thanks for your help!

srussel2
Also, I can't figure out, for the life of me, how to make the link hover background in the main nav transparent... on this website or any other of my websites. Any thoughts?

Rob
You appear to be using a minimum height. I found this: [code]#page, #dynamic-content { min-height: 400px; }[/code] With the height set at 400px, the content is at the top, but empty space is created by the minimum height requirement. Change 400px to "none" and your site will appear normal. About the transparency, see this: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17783/navigation-hovercurrent-background-color-twitter-question/p1 You should get Firebug for Firefox if you don't have it. http://www.getfirebug.com.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

srussel2
Thanks that worked brilliantly :-) Still haven't solved the hover BG problem, though... hmm

srussel2
Managed to take away the hover with this beast: [code] .cnt-comments a, #wp-calendar caption, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .success, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td, .playpause, .main-nav li:hover, .main-nav .current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-menu-item a, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li { background-color: transparent; } [/code]

wfuitg
That min height=400px seems to be part of the framework. I had the same thing going on in my site and I don't recall ever specifying a min-height for content areas. I put the following in my custom css, which solved the issue: #page, #dynamic-content {min-height: 1px;} I assume I could go into the editor, find and remove the entry, but then it would come back on an upgrade, correct?
  • Like 1