Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

image as an overlapping border

Gavin_

Hi we would like to create this Br6ac.jpg currently we have a repeating background image for the banner and a repeating background image for the main content the stich effect is what we want to add. hopefully there is a real simple solution to this that i will kick myself... thanks for the help

Danny
Hi, Do you have a link to the stitching image?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Gavin_
Hi Danny this is it http://www.dig-for-community.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/divider.png thanks

Jenny
Take a look at this link: http://www.css3.info/preview/border-image/ Tells you how to do it. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Gavin_
thanks for the link @simple_mama but google chrome developer tool and firefox firebug don't recognise border-bottom-image ? any ideas?

Jenny
Hmm.. well.. you could always go crazy and add a new div via a hook. And then apply the background image to that div and position it with CSS. :)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
You can see the hooks live on your site by activating the Action Map plugin and then turning it on in the admin bar (on your live site, not the admin page).

Gavin_
@simple_mama that sounds like a great idea is there a tutorial on using hooks for this type of activity?

Gavin_
OK - great progress but now i need some help with the finishing touches this is the hook i wrote and added to the pagelines customise plugin. [code] // Add Image to banner above outer content add_action('pagelines_after_banners2','add_image_to_banners2'); // function name function add_image_to_banners2 (){ $banners2_image_url="http://www.dig-for-community.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/divider.png"; ?> image_web_divider

Jenny
Rather than including the image in the function itself, you could just do something like include the div in your function, meaning.. [code]function add_image_to_banners2 (){ ?>

Gavin_
brilliant - thanks

Jenny
You're welcome! I really like your site so glad to see this is coming together so nicely. :)