Sign in to follow this  
cirrusdesign

Dropdown menu disappears in Chrome using Platform Pro

cirrusdesign

Dropdown menu disappears in Chrome for Platform Pro, I have read that this is a Chrome problem but have yet to find an answer on this forum or elsewhere. Does anyone know how to make the dropdown menus work properly in chrome.

Rob
Hi, can you provide a link to the site you're discussing? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cirrusdesign
We are still building the wordpress site. We had to modify our host file in order to leave our old site up. The above address of course takes you to the old (non-wordpress) site. I am told you would have to modify your host file as we did in order to see the wordpress site. I can find out what you would need to do if must see the site in order to answer the question.

catrina
A live link would be very helpful. As soon as you can post the link to the new site, that would be great. It's difficult to resolve the issue if we can't look at it. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cirrusdesign
Here is our link: www.a1builders.ws We are still having the problem although the success and failure of the drop down menu is not consistent one way or the other.

Rob
Hi, I looked at it in Chrome, refreshed, closed, reopened, browsed around... trying everything to replicate this problem and your site simply works fine. Can you tell me what steps you're taking that cause the disappearance of the menu?

cirrusdesign
I sign into wordpress, or I use a search engine to find my site. www.a1builders.ws I view the site. I hover over the navigation menu, slide my curser down the drop-downs and that is when 70% of the time the drop-down disappears before I can click on the word that will take me where I want to go on the site. I can always make them work by attempting to hover and slide down the drop down menu multiple times. But sometimes I am not successful in getting the dropdown to function as it should until the 3rd, 4th or 5th attempt to hover and slide. The same thing happens with an associate of mine who has built their site with the same template, Platform Pro. Here is the link to that site as well. The have the same problem with the dropdowns. We both have gotten complaints from people visiting our sites. http://www.whatcomfolkschool.org/ I am hoping you will be able to experience and diagnose the problem now that I have described it more clearly. Thank you.

Rob
Okay, I see it now. I must have been in one of the 30% working sessions rather than the 70% non working version. ;-) I think the basic problem may be one of two things: A. You may have a plugin causing a CSS conflict. This is unusual, but possible. B. It's possible that because your menu wraps onto two lines, the z-index is causing a conflict as a cursor moves over one of the child menu items. What happens in this case is that the browser fails to pick up the layer correctly and the one you wish to see vanishes. This is more likely the solution than A. How to fix this? Consolidate your menu items into a smaller number so they fit on one line, then, where possible, use Secondary Nav to bring people to pages that apply only to a primary or child menu item. You may not be aware that you can create as many secondary menus as you wish, but these don't appear in drop downs or vertically. Rather, they appear in horizontal format anywhere you wish to place them (via the Templates). Let us know if you need additional assistance with this.