Sign in to follow this  
pehja

Strange behavior

pehja

Hello! Could someone please look at this site and hover over the word "Musik". It's pretty cool. But I don't want it there. Also my search bar doesn't work. Maybe they are related ?

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

pehja
I have this in my custom css. When I removed it, it is ok again. So there is something within this code. I can't figure it out. body{}.pl-sharebar {text-align:center;} .pl-sharebar-text {display:none;} span.reqtxt {color: #781313 !important;} [url] body{}.pl-sharebar {text-align:center;} .pl-sharebar-text {display:none;} span.reqtxt {color: #781313 !important;} #nav_row, .center { float:left; width:100%!important; overflow:hidden; position:relative; } #nav_row ul, .center ul { clear:left; float:left; list-style:none; margin:0; padding:0; position:relative; left:50%; text-align:center; width:auto!important; } #nav_row ul li, .center ul li { display:block; float:left; list-style:none; margin:0; padding:0; position:relative; right:50%; }[/url]

Pehja Production.png

Rob
Well, it would seem the nav is being given conflicting signals. On one hand, it's being told to center, then to float left. So that's just what it's doing. The menu shows centered, then suddenly as soon as you get to the first item that has a drop down, the menu goes left and right. Weirdest menu thing I've seen. Yes, I think the search is being affected because the menu is overlapping it, conflicting with the code. I'd suggest leaving it out or modifying to remove anything telling the menu to center. If you need to move it, use margin left and right.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pehja
Thanks Rangelon! I removed the search bar (for now) and only aligned center. It worked when I did not have any drop down. So I removed it and made a second nav instead. When I tried to center that I was in for a new surprise. But now I have asked so many questions that it will be enough for a while :-). I must concentrate on finishing this site. It should be ready to day!!

Pehja Production.png

WebWerx
I am happy it is working out for you Peter!