Sign in to follow this  
zoodigital

Updating Nav Menu BG Colours

zoodigital

I am currently putting together a new site using Wordpress and Pagelines using a test server available only our company network (for security and privacy reasons - we'll put it public once complete). While I have been able to make most of the required changes, I am struggling to get the main nav menu at the top of the page to change colour as needed. I have added the following code to the custom CSS (using blue so I can see easily when it is working - I will change this to the required colour once I have it working properly):

#menu-nav li.current_page_item {
	background-color: #0000ff;
	}

However no matter what code I enter here it doesn't seem to update - the highlight on the currently selected page remains the same (grey, which appears to based off the "Body Background" setting within "Color Control", which I have set to white) Any ideas what I am doing wrong/what code I need to enter here to be able to update this? Thanks in advance

Jenny
Have you checked out [url="http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/simple-css-lite/"]Simple CSS Lite[/url]?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

WebWerx
@zoodigital: Don't mess with your CSS for this. Install (the amazing ;-) ) Simple CSS Lite Plugin (free). It works. Life will be good after you install it. I agree with @simple_mama