Sign in to follow this  
chinsiang

wordpress admin bar missing @dashboard page when activating Pagelines

chinsiang

Hi there, I have pagelines installed on 2 of my sites.. one is ok.. another has a problem: the admin bar in wordpress dashboard page is missing when Pagelines is activated.. if use other theme, the bar will be shown.. Although it is not important, but any idea on how to fix it? :)veYYf.png thanks!

WebWerx
Have you looked at your "Screen Options"?

chinsiang
Thank you for your reply. When i click on screen options.. nothing comes out.. i think something is wrong with pagelines framework in this site.. when i click on posts > all posts.. i only see one post.. but when i activate other theme, i can see all the posts... any idea how to reinstall pagelines cleanly? i tried to deactivate the theme, delete the plugins, delete pagelines folder and reupload a new copy.. but the problem still there when i activate pagelines theme.. Any idea?

Rob
I think this is actually a WordPress problem and not one caused by PageLines. The fact that you've basically deleted and replaced everything from PageLines to plugins says that it can't be related. Also, the admin bar is actually a WordPress function. I'd suggest you check your WordPress settings and check the support forums at [url="http://www.wordpress.org"]Wordpress.org[/url]. The issue with the posts too, is a WordPress matter. PageLines won't loop your site's navigation to the same post. It would appear your WP installation may be missing something or corrupted.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chinsiang
Thanks rangelone for the reply. But why if using other theme, wordpress is performing ok, the admin bar is there at dashboard page and all the posts are shown(in admin not in public view) without missing anything? i am thinking of is there a way to remove pagelines cleanly and reinstall it? PS: i will try to find more solution at wordpress.org there.. :(

Simon
What plugins do you have installed and activated?

chinsiang
Hi Simon, It is pagelines sections and simple css lite.. i tried to deactivate and delete them.. but the problem still there..

Simon
Interesting, can you send me a login? Id like to take a look. simon @ pagelines . com

chinsiang
Sent to you email already. Please help me to look around. Thanks a lot!

Simon
Didnt get an email yet..

chinsiang
resent already.. please check. thanks!

Simon
I got it, but there is no username, just a password ;)

Simon
Not sure whats going on here, it isnt just the dashboard, you cantload the plugin editor either, I did notice your account is limited to 32M of php memory, can you ask your host to increase it?

Simon
Try enable wordpress debug in wp-config.php might give some clues.

chinsiang
Thanks Simon.. I guess it is working well now.. Do you have any idea why webhost limit the php memory to 32M only?

Simon
I see its a VPS, you should increase the memory by editing the main php.ini as root user.

chinsiang
Thanks Simon.. I hosted in my friend's VPS.. already ask him to adjust the memory.. so far working fine... thanks again for your great help!