Sign in to follow this  
eclipsemusic

Problems with activating Platform base theme

eclipsemusic

Hello again. I tried to set up a store using the Woocommerce plugin, but as I try to add products to the store I can't find the "featured image" box where to add the photo. Woocommerce advices you to use the featured image as the main image of the product. I have searched the screen options and i can't even find the tick box. I searched an answer to this and i found few threads that might help me but then I ran into another problem. All the suggestions said that I could add code to the functions.php into the base but currently I'm using the Platformpro theme. Then I found some instructions how to start to use the Base theme, I followed the instructions (exported the settings, then activated the base theme) and everything seemed to be fine, except my navigation went all crazy, there were pages that should not have been in the nav etc. I thought that I could just set them up like they were but when I went to check the menu settings they seemed to be just the way I wanted even though the nav was showing up wrong in the pages. Then I imported the settings (that I just exported) to the base but nothing changed, the nav was still mixed up. I tried to deactivate plugins but nothing worked.. Now I just ended up changing the theme back to Platform pro since everything is in it's right place. Basically my main problem is to get the base theme working and after that solve the featured image thing.. Could someone help me a bit here? I'm way over my head here... Thank you!

Danny
Hi, Can you enable the Base theme and then post a screenshot of the Menu page (Appearance > Menu) and a link to your site.

Please search our forums, before posting!

eclipsemusic
Oops! I think I found the "error". The settings were in default in "theme locations" in the menu page. It seems correct now.. Thanks for pointing that out. How about the featured image problem? I found something about the topic but I don't want to start messing with the functions.php without being sure that I'm doing the right thing..

Danny
Hi, Which theme are you now using the Base child theme ? If so, open up the functions.php file for the Base theme and add the following code to the bottom of the file. [code]add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );[/code] Once saved, go to a WooCommerce product and the Feature Image upload option should now be available to use.

Please search our forums, before posting!

eclipsemusic
Yes, I'm now using the Base theme. I added the code and it worked! Thank you Danny!!!

davecfm
Worked for me too! Thanks!