Sign in to follow this  
meanmcbean

Help! My Category pages aren't showing the correct amount of posts that are in each category.

meanmcbean

If you click on a category in the drop down widget on my blog page (the first widget in the sidebar), it tells how many posts are in that category... for example, "adversity" has 182 posts, "character" has 100 posts, "encouragement" has 153 posts, etc... But when it takes you to that Category's page, it only shows 1 page (17 posts). Could it be something with the page nav plugin? I don't know, but I've noticed this since I started using Pagelines 2.1. This worked fine when I was using Platform Pro. Can someone please take a look at my blog and see what going on? www.lorilaws.net Thanks in advance :)

meanmcbean
bad link... my URL is [url="lorilaws.net"]lorilaws.net[/url]

meanmcbean
So weird. I'm at lorilaws.net

mackenzie
Just to see if it would work I went to http://www.lorilaws.net/category/character/page/2/ and I was able to get more posts listed. I think the posts are there and it's limited to 17 per page but your pages are missing the "previous entries" on the bottom.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

catrina
I'm also seeing what Mackenzie is seeing. Have you tried deactivating any active plugins to see if the "Previous Entries" link re-appears again on your category pages?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

meanmcbean
I just finished deactivating each individual plug in -logging out of Wordpress and logging back in. I was not able to see a "previous entries" link. Any ideas on what to try next?

Danny
Hi MeanMcBean, Go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > Click on "Content Area" so it highlights blue and then select the "Category" template. Then drag and drop the Post/Page Pagination section into the active sections area. Refresh one of your category pages and the pagination should now be visible.

Please search our forums, before posting!

meanmcbean
Amazing! It worked - I'm so glad you know your stuff :) Thanks to all of you! Paglines is great!