Sign in to follow this  
evert100

shortcode plugin

evert100

Hey guys, I like the new framework. I started with platform pro. For other projects for clients i work with build in shortcode plugins. These themes cost way less than pagelines. Why can't we have these built in or for free download? Also twitter in the sidebar, it's so common you get these for free built in as widgets or whatever. Am i missing something? So for the shortcode i really need a solution as i planned a workshop with new customers working (and buying pagelines) Thanks, Evert

Rob
The plugins we offer via the store are activated, then applied, usually, by drag and drop or check boxes, which should be much simpler than shortcodes. They're also exclusively offered via your Store in most cases. However, a client is certainly free to add any plugin they find from other sources if a shortcode is needed. I don't think the shortcode model would really work well in comparison to the drag and drop model, but I'll certainly include the suggestion.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evert100
Well i didn't find any solution so far for tabs, toggle content, list styles. These i used recently a lot. Also columns for 1/2 or 1/3 you know what i mean there so common nowadays. Mostly coming within the theme, so without additional costs. As i mentioned i like pagelines framewordk but the price is about 6 times what is standard in the US. So it's a normal customer question. I dont think you really got my point. It's different than dragging a section somewhere. This has to do with layout of content. Hope my question is more clear now? Thanks

Simon
Themes should not include short codes, if you switch themes your short codes break!, This is why no themes in the wordpress repo offer theme specific shortcodes. Plugins are there to extend themes with shortcodes, thats the whole idea of plugins.

evert100
@Simon Why should i want to change themes? haha joke.... Well then i want pagelines to build a free plugin which integrates beautifully in pagelines framework. Then people have a choice. I see your point. So that's my wish to be created. Of course for free. PS How do you create the things i mentioned? And priceboxes etc. For me takes a lot of time creating them in html. Have do you manage toggle content, and tabbed contant? I am curious. Thanks.

WebWerx
There is a short code plugin in the PL store. It's not free. But for $15 worth it IMHO. Especially if you want to create columns.