Sign in to follow this  
suerama

Carousel not working properly in Chrome

suerama

When I cycle through the carousel a few times (2+) in Chrome it starts to act funny, it will go forward and then quickly spring back to the start, or some other point, so I cannot access all of the thumbnails at the end. Here is the page: http://goldraysolar.com/tools/

WebWerx
Does this help?: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17872/slider-visibility-in-chrome#Item_29

Rob
@WebWerx, the link you provided has to do with the Feature Slider and an already fixed Chrome bug. Thanks for helping though. @suerama, that is odd. I'll report that one because even in Firefox I had an odd reaction. The right nav button seems to work great in both FF and Chrome. But the left initiates odd behavior. In FF, it snaps immediately, all the time. In Chrome, it worked for a few clicks, then snapped back a few times, and went back to normal. Really strange. Are you getting your images from posts, Flickr or NextGen?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
I've reported it as a bug.

suerama
Thanks! The images come from posts, and yes, it is still buggy.

Danny
I have just viewed your website and cycled through the Carousel about 30 times and not once did I encounter an issue. What version of Chrome are you using and on what operating system ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

suerama
Chrome: 18.0.1025.162 Mac OS X 10.6.8

suerama
In my Chrome browser it is the original carousel on the page that is snapping back after a few cycles. Once you click on an item you can cycle through them okay, it seems. I just updated Chrome and am still having the same problem in version 18.0.1025.163.

catrina
I've cycled through your Carousel several times back and forth in Chrome (version 18.0.1025.163 on a Mac) and I haven't encountered the issues you're describing. Are you still having the issue?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama
Yes. It begins after the 4th time I click on the right arrow.

Danny
Hi suerama, I am still unable to create the issue you're having. Would it be possible for you to use a service like Jing or Snagit, to video the issue and then post the link here please.

suerama
Here is the Jing video of the Chrome Carousel problem: file:///Users/DYC2/Desktop/jing2012-04-19_0156.swf

Simon
Thats a local video on your desktop, please upload it somewhere ;)

suerama
Whoops! Here is the screencast url: http://www.screencast.com/t/PKNsQpyTX7j

Jenny
I have had this happen before but only when I have a time set for "autoscroll". Do you have an autoscroll time set in either the http://goldraysolar.com/tools/ page or the global Meta settings (PageLines -> Meta)? If so, remove that and see if it helps. [b]Edit:[/b] Also, please check my test site at http://jen.staff.pagelines.com/feature-page/ and see if you have the same issue (to determine if it's a browser problem).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

suerama
This was built using Platform Pro, and I don't think there are any global Meta settings there called such as there are in Pagelines Framework. But I did go into the basic Carousel settings. I did not see autoscroll, but I did untick the animation speed. Unfortunately, that did not do the trick.

Rob
Sue, by any chance are you using NextGen in relation to either the posts or the slider? I had an instance some time ago with a similar effect for the slider. Please let me know. Thanks.

suerama
No, reangelone. I don't even have it installed on this site. Do you think I should begin deactivating plug-ins one by one at this point?

Rob
Yes. I think it would be a good idea to begin the process. I asked about NextGen because I've had a few instances where the carousel transition was affected by it and resulted in similar behavior. I'd also check each plugin at http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins because sometimes it's merely a problem with a deprecated plugin. If it's not compatible with the current version of WP, a plugin can do all sorts of strange things.

Danny
Hi Sue, I see you rejected Rangelone's reply, does this issue remain or has it been resolved ?

suerama
The issue remains, Danny.

Rob
Suerama, I've seen the video, which proves you're seeing this problem, but it appears none of us can replicate the problem on Macs or PCs, on Chrome, IE or Firefox, so I must conclude therefore that it is some sort of problem on your machine, perhaps with the browser cache, a browser plugin or the way your particular machine is handling jQuery. So far, from what I can tell, no less than five of us have looked into this, with the same version of Chrome and none are seeing the same thing in your video. Likely, no site visitors are seeing it either. Since we can't replicate the issue, I'm unsure how to fix something that we can't see as broken. The fact that you're seeing this only in Chrome seems to indicate that it's browser-specific and not a broad-based problem. Since other Chrome users are not seeing the same issue, at this point my conclusion is, as I said, that it's also specific to your machine. On the point of rejecting replies, that should only be used when the reply from a moderator is absolutely wrong. Topics in the forum remain open until you accept an answer. Even then, you may still reply and it reverts back to Open status. We do not ignore topics in Open status. There's no need to reject replies consistently. Believe me, we don't take offense to it or take it personally, but it doesn't help you get a faster reply than any Open topic. If you can identify a way to replicate this on another machine, we'll be happy to look further but we just can't seem to do it. I must conclude too, from that fact - this isn't a plugin conflict. I'm sorry this reply hasn't a solution.