Sign in to follow this  
cadmin

How do I embed a google presentation in pagelines

cadmin

I publshed it and copied the code. I also made sure that it was set so that others could view it but it does not render on the page.

Jenny
I don't know what kind of code you're trying to implement (hopefully javascript or iframe is available), but make sure you are entering it in the HTML tab of the post/page editor.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cadmin
Hi. Thx for the comment. It is an iframe and since i'm using a banner page I entered it into the designated code area for the banner. since it didnt' work that way i also pasted it directly into the html section of the page and that also did not work. i have read that google iframe may conflict with wordpress? perhaps not a pagelines isue?

Jenny
Can you link to the presentation so we can try to duplicate? Also a link to your site would be great. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cadmin
http://centeradvisors.com/pagelines-and-google-test/

Rob
You're using PlatformPro and placed the text in a banner, rather than a sidebar text widget. I think you need to switch that page's template to have a wide sidebar (with text widget) and then implement the iframe in the pages text area. I don't believe you can implement iframes inside a banner.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cadmin
Thank you. Would you know the technical reason that the Banner function will allow for code, such as that from YouTube, but not from an i frame? Seems arbitrary to me and am curious.

cadmin
Actually, the google docs viewer does work but not oustside of wordpress. So, I think that there is something else conflicting. And, it may just come back to a google wordpress conflict.

Rob
It might be a plugin conflict. The reason I think the banners won't work has to do with its pre-set structure. The model I suggested earlier should work. The banners aren't really meant for dynamic content per se, but I see your point about the difference with Youtube. Part of it could be the padding within the banner, which might not be giving you the actual width you're looking for in the iframe. I'm just not sure. However, I'll ask and follow up.

WebWerx
Just for fun, change the width and height of the iFrame to something you know will fit inside the allotted banner space. That may eliminate some possibilities.

WebWerx
This may help also: http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/embedding-a-google-docs-form

WebWerx
I took another look at this - after a cup of coffee. I took the code mentioned above and embedded it in a regular WP page. The end result was a permissions error from Google Apps. So my suggestion is to revisit Google Docs and ensure that your permissions are set correctly and that you render the correct code. From my perspective, the issue is not with the PL Framework. I hope this is helpful.

Rob
Thanks for your input WebWerx.

cadmin
Thank you all above. I did go back through all the comments and also to google's documentation. It does appear to be an issue with Google's privacy options.

cadmin
i don't think so. how do we close it out?