Sign in to follow this  
liajustine

Anyone else experiencing conflicts with Gravity Forms?

liajustine

Just upgraded my installation to the new Framework. Gravity Forms is not displaying on pages now. I switched to the TwentyTen theme and they displayed fine, so it looks like a Pagelines conflict.

WebWerx
Not yet. But I am about to install it. So I am very interested in the outcome.

liajustine
No. So you're thinking it's another plugin & Framework together causing the conflict? Because without the Framework in place the forms display properly so it doesn't seem to be a direct plugin conflict.

Jenny
Do you have PageLines Store add-ons installed? There is one add-on (I can't remember which) that conflicts with Gravity Forms because of a Gravitry Forms error.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

liajustine
Yes, simple_mama, I have Pullquotes, content boxes, soap box support, all of the core, pagelines customize and simple nav. Any idea which of those is the problem before I waste more time troubleshooting? I have also just discovered that thetheFly plugin toggles are not displaying properly now as well. Just a suggestion for future major releases PageLines crew, it would be nice to have a list of known conflicting plugins before we switch over. I'm in the middle of a new client build, I switched to the new Framework because it provided the opportunity for more placement options which I knew would make the client happy...but now I'm wasting tons of time tracking down plugin conflict issues when I'm working on a tight deadline. I haven't even dared to check out EventEspresso yet to see if that is going to work. Silly me for changing in the middle, I know. Still, it would have been nice to have had some warning--all the new release info stated that changing over was fairly painless, just 5 minutes! NOT!

Jenny
Hi @liajustine. I didn't mean to make you think it was a core PageLines item; sorry about that! The conflict (if it hasn't been fixed already) is with one of the 3rd party add-ons available in the store. The Gravity Forms developer has been notified of the issue. We only can [i]hope[/i] that Gravity Forms issues an update. Edit: Found the bug ticket for Grid Portfolio. The conflict is only about the menu option not showing in Wordpress, not about the functionality. Please view http://pagelines.com/tracking/gridportfolio/issues/3 I don't know what theFly plugin is (haven't heard of it). When you have a conflict of some sort, the best idea is to disable ALL plugins first (only WP plugins) and then see if your problem(s) is resolved. If so, start enabling one by one until you find the one (or more) that breaks your site. And always make sure any plugin you use works with the most recent version of Wordpress. If it doesn't, unfortunately we can't help. I will make a note of your request for a list of conflicting (and working) plugins. That is a great idea actually and it will be forwarded to a supervisor.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

WebWerx
As an added note I suggest only enabling plugins at the end of a site build. Or at least the ones that are not critical to the build itself. You will save a ton of time (and grief).

liajustine
Thanks simple_mama for the details, much appreciated!