Sign in to follow this  
millerwhite

2.1.3 Search Box

millerwhite

I may be missing something obvious, but is there any way to change the search box in the menu to the way it used to be? (Square corners, stationary size as opposed to expanding when clicked, etc.) I see the option to hide the search field, but that is all that I'm seeing. I'm guessing there's a chance that I'll just have to use custom css to format it as desired, but I thought I'd check here first to see if there was a quicker way to do so. Thanks!

WebWerx
The box styling is done with CSS. Can you post a link to your site? :ar!

millerwhite
Well, I haven't really started coding the site in question just yet. I had just installed the newest version of PageLines to the particular WP install, and noticed that the search box was different. Just wondered if there was a way to return it to its previous functionality. If necessary, I'll just use Firebug and custom CSS to get it back to its original form. Before doing that though, I just wanted to double check here and see if there was a quick fix before doing so.

catrina
You'll need to use custom CSS to change the search box's appearance. There is no quick fix.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

millerwhite
Ok, thank you. Just out of curiosity - were there requests for a different appearance / functionality of the search box, or was it just a developer's revision? I find the "expanding once clicked" functionality a bit distracting personally, but that is probably just me. :) However, this is a minor complaint... I love a lot of what was done with the new update. Thanks again for your help!