Sign in to follow this  
buddha

Minimize space between Callout & Branding

buddha

Hi, how do I significantly minimize the space between the callout image above my branding image? site is wilson19.com also, how do I further right align the callout image? thank you for all your help.

Jenny
Hi @tpsm I recommend that you [url="http://www.getfirebug.com"]get Firebug[/url] to help you determine which CSS elements you need to change in order to get the look you're after. You can watch [url="http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization-tips"]this video[/url] for a tutorial of Firebug (it's for PlatformPro but the tutorial still applies). Minimizing the space can usually be done using either the padding or margin attributes (or a combination of both).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

buddha
ok, how about replacing the social media icons on the branding image line with a different image, i.e. my donation button?

Jenny
Rather than doing that, you should use something like the universal sidebar and put your donate button there. Activate the universal sidebar in the header in PageLines -> Templates. Then add the button HTML in a text widget and put that text widget in Appearance -> Widgets -> Universal Sidebar. You will need to add some styling to it, like if you want it to appear on the right, you will need to add float:right; to the CSS. Keep in mind your header image is too large to fit the donate button next to it so you'll need to figure out HOW you want to attack this first. Then make your plan of action. :)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

buddha
Ok, I did all that but I still cannot get the header image (reduced) and the donate button (in the universal sidebar) on the same horizontal line. Any suggestions?

Rob
Looking at your site but getting an Internal Server Error.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jenny
The image size is fine now, you just need to relocate the universal sidebar using custom CSS. You can add the following to PageLines -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS: [code]#list_sb_universal { margin-top: -110px; position: absolute; right: 0; z-index: 28; } #sb_universal .content-pad { padding: 0; }[/code]