Sign in to follow this  
policyschool

Layout customization

policyschool

Is there a way to set up the website so that the featured slider is below the main nav menu spanning two thirds of the page with a sidebar on the right and two columns beneath it? Currently I have it with only one column underneath and when I try adding another sidebar it crowds the slider into the leftmost column. (I would also like the three boxes below the feature to be the same width as the feature.) An example of what I want it to look like is here: http://www.northeastern.edu/news/ my URL is: http://nuweb9.neu.edu/dukakiscenter/

Jenny
Hi @policyschool To put the slider next to the sidebars so it shares the content area, you would need to make sure you are adding it to the "Content Area" in PageLines -> Templates, and not the "Page Templates".

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

policyschool
I have my feature in the content area but I would like it above the first sidebar and next to the second one, please take a look at the first link I provided to see exactly what I want to do with the body of my website.

Rob
Okay. You should have a setting somewhere (I can't check at the moment, unfortunately) that refers to your sidebar wrap. Make sure that setting still says On the Top (that's the default). In your template, you can designate which sidebar is the sidebar wrap. Then, move your widgets from the primary to the one you just designated as the wrap. Go back to the Layout Editor and activate 2 sidebars. They'll be under the one wrap, which spans both. See this in the works at http://www.epicurus.com

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

policyschool
This is closer to what I want but not exactly. I'd like to have my content and one sidebar under the featured slider and the boxes and have the second sidebar come up next to the boxes and the feature rather than 2 sidebars underneath the wrap. Ideally I would have the feature and the boxes in the wrap and have the wrap covering only the main content area and the first sidebar. It seems like I can only have sidebars or a highlight in the wrap and it has to be over the other sidebar sections.

catrina
To make sure I'm understanding you correctly, is this what you want?: FEATURED SLIDER | SECOND SIDEBAR (TOP PART) BOXES | SECOND SIDEBAR (BOTTOM PART) ------------------------------------------- CONTENT | ONE SIDEBAR

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

policyschool
I drew a picture, I would like to add "sidebar 1" and keep everything else pretty much the same. (I am planning on adding more to "sidebar 2" so I want to keep it the full length of the page) [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rzlRr.jpg[/IMG]

Jenny
Within the content area, add: Features Boxes and then clone Boxes (so you have 2 of them) Since you are using Special Recent Posts plugin for the "content area", you can just use boxes. Make sure you make different box sets and set each set up accordingly. If you don't want to use boxes for the second set, then you can add the content area instead of the 2nd box set, and then add a sidebar, like content sidebar (or another one) for Sidebar 1. You will need to add some custom CSS to get them to appear side by side.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

policyschool
The boxes don't give it the look I'm after. What code would I use to make a sidebar and the content area appear side by side?

catrina
I think you'll need to decrease the size of the content area and to add the sidebar directly to the right of it, you'll need to use a DIV layer (customized with CSS) inside a hook that replicates the look of a sidebar.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse