Sign in to follow this  
jlsc

Where have all my widgets gone?

jlsc

Hi guys. I use Platform Pro and usually everything works beautifully. Last week though, I went to my site and every widget that had previously been on the sidebar of the homepage form months had disappeared. (I hadn't been tweaking any of my settings.) When I click into any page deeper than the homepage, they're visible. Here's my site: www.makeanddogirl.com. Any idea on what's wrong? Is there an update to Platform Pro I'm missing or something? Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob
If you look at your homepage, all your sidebars are present, but they're moved, for some reason, down below the content area. There are several potential causes for this. The width of some content extends beyond the content area, pushing the sidebars down. Check the width of images. The width of text in a sidebar could break the width. Check the text inside the sidebars, particularly where the sidebar is narrow. For example, if you had a large font size big word in your tags in a narrow sidebar, the entire sidebar would be pushed down and it could take the other sidebar with it. A plugin implemented on the homepage only might be broken or deprecated. Check your plugins to see if they're all up to date and 100% compatible with the current WP version. You might try widening your canvas a few pixels to see if it corrects itself. Then you know for sure it's not plugins.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jlsc
Thanks so much, Rangelone. There was a photo in one of my posts that was hogging all the horizontal space. Appreciate the help!

Jenny
Glad @rangleone was able to help! If you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.