ksnyde

WP Views Plug-in & Pagelines

ksnyde

I'm very impressed with the Types and Views plugins from wp-types. As far as I can see their Types produces usable Post Types, Taxonomies, and Custom Fields with grace and is no problem within a Pagelines environment. The problem comes up when using Views, the sister plug-in that helps to display your custom post types, etc. Views isn't completely broken in Pagelines and I'm hoping that someone on this list can help me getting the remaining parts working. Here's what works and doesn't work: - WORKS: WP View Widget. You can drop views into sidebars/footers/etc. - WORKS: You can add a page and then add a "View" to it - BROKEN: When you configure a particular post-type or taxonomy to a View this has no effect. This is supposed to be available in both archive and single page views. Neither work. - BROKEN: When viewing custom posts through an archive page the short-codes that were embedded are not expanded. Interestingly, they are expanded without issue in the single-page view. This is a dual Types/Views issues as shortcodes from both plug-in exhibit the same behaviour. Looking forward to hearing from folks on this. I think having these two plug-ins (which work brilliantly with gravity forms too) would be a really nice win for the Pagelines framework as these two plugins look likely to become very popular (IMHO).

catrina
Have you tried deactivating your other active plugins to see if the broken features work?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ksnyde
No but I'm not running very many plugins and I know all of these features work when used with a comparable set of plugins under the twentyeleven wordpress theme.

Jenny
Unfortunately I have not used this plugin before so I don't know anything about it. Since this is a paid plugin, have you tried contacting the plugin author for support? Their website states "Both Types and Views work on WordPress 3.0 ??“ 3.3.1 and can run with any theme" so I would ask them about it. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ksnyde
I've talked to the plugin vendor and they say that they're plugging into the [b]the_content()[/b] hook. In the pagelines framework where would this get called? When I looked at single.php all it is call to setup_pagelines_template();

greggsky
Any progress on getting the views plugin to work for archive pages? If you still need help with single pages, happy to help, but I think that was resolved in another post.

studio8c
Hey guys, I having the same problem after a few days of headaches i switch back to the default theme and the wp-types pluggin works fine. is there a solution for it.