Sign in to follow this  
maxwagner

Side bar or widget to go from top to bottom in every page

maxwagner

Hi there, I am using Pagelines Platform Pro V1.5.3 and am currently working on http://archangelscare.com.au I would like the sidebar to be a different colour and go from top to bottom. I had no problems changing the colour (in this case there is a tiled image) but the problem I have is with the height. I can make the sidebar sit at the top by giving it a negative margin value of margin-top: -15px; but I cannot seem to solve the issue of the sidebar height? How can I define the height of the sidebar to be 100% of the page? I could obviously make it very long but then all pages will be very long, I don't think this is a good solution. My code so far: #sidebar1 { background: url("http://archangelscare.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bkg_content_sidebar2.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 2px rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.2); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 2px rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.2); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 2px rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.2); padding: 0px 0px 200px; margin-top: -15px; } Any suggestion appreciated.

Danny
Hi Max, I visited your website and I couldn't see an issue with the sidebar did you resolve this issue? If not you could try min/max-height in the CSS and see if that works.

Please search our forums, before posting!

maxwagner
Hi Danny, The problem still persists, I cannot get the sidebar to go from the top of the page to the bottom and change height dynamically. How will min/max css help? I tried [code]padding: 0 0 100%[/code] but this does not change dynamically the padding of the sidebar on pages for some reason. Any other suggestions? I'm really stuck here

Danny
Hi Max, Not quite sure what you mean, how can it go from top to bottom but change height dynamically? Do you mean you want the sidebars background to go all from top to bottom without it changing ?

Please search our forums, before posting!