Sign in to follow this  
jenny20k

Footer text

jenny20k

Hi I'd like to create a footer that simply contains a © 2012 statement but can only find options to put nav bars or callouts etc there. How do I do this? Thanks

Danny
Hi Jenny, Can you reply and provide more information please, like which PageLines product are you using and a link to your website please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jenny20k
Hi - it's Platform Pro and www.jennymccormick.com Thanks

catrina
You can use a hook in the footer to add a DIV layer (a box) that includes your copyright info. Are you using the child theme, PlatformBase?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jenny20k
Yes - but I'm not sure how to add the hook!

catrina
I can show you an example. :) 1. Open your functions.php file by going to Appearance > Editor on your Dashboard (for PlatformBase, not PlatformPro). 2. When you scroll down the file, you'll see a section where hooks are placed along with an example of a hook. Below the example is where you'll place the code for the footer text. 3. The structure of a hook looks like this: [code]add_action('HOOK_NAME', 'DESCRIPTIVE_NAME'); // ---> uncomment to load //add_action('HOOK_NAME', 'DESCRIPTIVE_NAME'); // function name function DESCRIPTIVE_NAME(){ ?> YOUR TEXT CONTENT WILL GO HERE uncomment to load" line): 1. HOOK_NAME: The hook is the piece of code that determines where you content will go on the page. Since you want your copyright info to go into the header, you'll use a hook for the footer. A list of hooks is available in Templates > Advanced Setup when you select a template to edit in the dropdown list. 2. DESCRIPTIVE_NAME: This is the name you give to a hook so that you know what it's for. In your case, it'd be helpful to make it [b]copyright_info[/b] so that you know the hook is for displaying your copyright info. You must replace "YOUR TEXT CONTENT WILL GO HERE" with the copyright info. Does that make sense so far?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

WebWerx
I think she wants to put the Copyright content in the Footer (you said Header Catrina). I'd also mention CSS classes in terms of final positioning etc.... Great tutorial BTW >:D<

Rob
@Jenny, I use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamic-dates/ a plugin that dynamically adds the date (year) with a simple shortcode. Preface it with a copyright symbol and enter the two things with your ownership in a text widget inside the footer. You do this in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. I use (c) [year] My Company All rights reserved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur