Sign in to follow this  
jeffsbesthemp

background image not tiling the way it should.

jeffsbesthemp

Hi, I've uploaded a background image into my site, but for some reason I can't get it to tile or show up in the background and I don't know why. My site is here. and I use Platform Pro. http://jeffsbestnutrition.com/ Any input is helpful. Thank you.

Rob
Jeff, My first question is, do you have PlatformPro Base as your activated theme or PlatformPro? The next question is how did you upload the background? From Dashboard > PlatformPro > Design Control? What were the settings? Lastly, which Design Mode did you select? Thanks for your patience as we endeavor to find the right solution for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jeffsbesthemp
base i've tried all 3 canvas settings, nada. thank you

catrina
If you have any active plugins, please deactivate them and refresh your site to see if the problem persists. Are you setting the image to tile vertically, horizontally, or everywhere around the background?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffsbesthemp
Hi, There are none active. Page is set to tile. I did notice it was on pro, and switched it to base, but it's still not functioning.

Rob
It's possible there's a conflict in your settings. Where are you located? We might be able to do a screen sharing session to look this over. I'm in the US, east coast (EST).

jeffsbesthemp
Hi RAngelove, that's an incredibly generous offer, but I don't know how we would be able to time it. My schedule is very erratic, and it would be really tough to do. Thank you so much for the offer though, that's way above and beyond assistance for sure. If you have any other suggestions in the mean time, please just let us know. Thank you. Warm Regards, JVS

catrina
The only other solution I can come up with would be for someone to log in and look at your settings (that is, if you would be okay with it). Maybe the scheduling for a screen share would be difficult, but at least someone would be able to take a peek and see what's wrong.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jeffsbesthemp
yeah, I just can't figure it out. I've cross referenced almost everything from my holisticsunlimited site, and it looks the same which has just left me baffled. Maybe I should go that route. I'll have to mull it over, that leave us pretty vulnerable and I've got a magazine article posting in about a day that will drive tons of traffic. maybe I'll wait for a wee bit and do one of those two.

Rob
JVS, The screen sharing session takes approximately 30 minutes and usually results in the identification of the problem so it's actually the quickest method. I'm on the East Coast, so if you'd like to do this tomorrow, Friday at 10AM EDST, I'll be happy to accommodate you, so that your article won't lose traffic. I'm out this evening, but if you prefer some time after Midnight, please let me know and I'll try to accommodate you. Send me your contact details through the Inbox at the top of this forum.

jeffsbesthemp
HI Range love, Thank you for your offer. We just got back from a trade show and all it's craziness. I'll try to connect with you in the next few days, and let's see if we can shed some light on it. I just need a picture to tile. Hopefully that's uber simple. :) I'll be in touch soon.

Danny
Hi Jeff, How do you want the background to look, would it be something similar to this ? http://www.screencast.com/t/ekanrFoHNXse

Please search our forums, before posting!

jeffsbesthemp
Hi! Sort of yeah, I think that's pretty close if not totally correct.. And I may have found what the mystery is. On my Jeff's Best Nutrition Site, I'm still on platform base version 1.0.4 , and platform pro version 1.2.0. I think it will resolve itself if I can update the base, and maybe I'll need to update the pro version too. Is there a way I can just update the base and not risk messing stuff up? I have no web design skills at all. It takes me forever to redo stuff.

catrina
You should update PlatformPro only and see if the issue resolves itself. If you update base, you'll lose any customizations you've made in functions.php (if any at all).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jeffsbesthemp
Ok cool, I'll try that first. Thank you! :)

Danny
Hi Jeff, It is always recommend to keep themes, plug-ins and Wordpress always up to date. Therefore, backup any custom code, CSS, HTML etc... and your theme settings and then update both Platform Pro and Base themes. Once you have completed the above, try to tile your background image. If updating your Pro and Base to the latest versions, doesn't resolve your issue then reply here and we can assist you further.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jeffsbesthemp
ok we'll do that. I don't honestly know how to backup my site but I'll try to find out from our host. Thanks.