Sign in to follow this  
eowaden

Magazine Layout Mode

eowaden

Hi. I have a problem whit the Magazine Layout Mode or i don??t understand this mode. On Blog and posts settings I select magazine Layout Mode, but when i see my web posts are shown with blog layout mode. I don??t know if i have to configure something more or i don??t understand the difference between posts and posts clips. Thanks for your help :)

catrina
Did you save the settings after selecting Magazine Layout Mode? The difference between posts and post clips is that posts show the full content while post clips only show a portion of the content.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
In Magazine Mode, you have the option to have the first few posts shown on your blog page appear full width, then the rest in two columns with smaller thumbnails. You can see an example here: http://www.epicurus.com/food/recipes/ where I have set 4 full width posts and the rest in Magazine Mode. You'll need to set the number of posts that are full width, then in Dashboard > Settings > Writing, you can change the total number of posts. The default is usually 10, but in my example, I have 14, while in others I have as many as 30. In PageLines Framework, on [b]Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blog And Posts[/b] you will find [b]Full Width Posts (Magazine Layout Mode Only)[/b] where you set the number of full width posts. The rest will be in columns as in my example, if Magazine mode is set. In Full Width Mode, also known as Blog Mode, all posts are full width in only one column. Everything is described here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Blog_and_Posts_Settings

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur