Sign in to follow this  
msaizan

Transparent background Main Page Only - Pagelines

msaizan

I only want the content area and page background transparent on the main page of my site - because I want to be able to build out other pages with the page background and content areas intact... any thoughts about how to code the css so that ONLY the main page is transparent? Here is a screenshot: gulfcoastrising-net-Picture-2.png The main page is on a custom template -Template 1 - and I have pulled every section off this template except brand nav... no content sections, etc. However, I still have to contend with the global elements like page background, content area - mcolumn - whatever is behind the brand nav... Does anyone have any thoughts about how to accomplish this. Short story is...I only want the content area and page background on the main page transparent... Thank you very, very much for your help with this...

msaizan
The link to my site is http://gulfcoastrising.net/ but what you will see there NOW is a transparent front page (site is live) - and to get that I set the content/canvas and the page body color selectors to #transparent at Pagelines settings - but that method affects the whole site globally - every page and area of the site and that's what I don't want to happen. I only want the main page to be completely transparent.... What you are seeing in the above screenshot is what happens when the content area is set to a color (white) - even though I have changed the template for the front page/home page to a custom template and removed all the sections from that template except brand nav...when I set page background or content area background to a color globally at Pagelines settings, some content area behind the one section i am using for that page - Brand Nav - naturally displays in the white behind the brand nav...I am trying to get rid of that - on that page only...The front page is an image - the rest of the site needs to function as a traditional site with a white background. So I want to use the global options to set background for th rest of the site - I only want to override the selectors so that it's only the main page that is transparent... Are you following me?

Rob
I believe you need a solution like this: [code].home .content-pad { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.50); }[/code] In that code, the 0.50 represents a 50% transparency. You can change it to 0.10 to make it 90% transparent. That should apply the transparency to the homepage only.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

msaizan
rangelone your avatar always makes me smile... Nope. Didn't work...brought it to 0.10 even added the !important rule...no opacity whatsoever - content pad stays at a full flaming 100%. I know there has to be a way to do this!

Rob
Thanks for the avatar thing. I'm an egghead chef. I'll ask a colleague to look into this.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

MrFent
Hard to test with everything already transparent, but try adding: .page-id-764 .content { background: transparent; }

Jenny
Hi @msaizan It's difficult to figure out how to change things if it's not live on the site. Would it be possible for you to create a demo page with the issue? Basically clone the home page and make sure it is displaying the effect that you *don't* want. Then we can try to help. :) Love the photo on your front page. Reminds me of home!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

msaizan
@mrfent - many thanx for weighing in and no dice. Didn't work. @rangelone - yep. I figured you were an egghead chef! :) @simple_mama - I will do as you suggest - i will clone the home page and set it up on a demo site - display what i don't want and then maybe we can put our heads together and figure it out. Thank you for the kudos on the front page pic. I also represent a fine art photographer - he does take beautiful pictures. Where is home? Thanks everybody for the support!