Sign in to follow this  

Renaming "pagelines" framework folder?

Hi, I want to know how many instances point to the framework being located in the "pagelines" folder. Reason I want to change the folder name is so when people view source they see a custom theme folder (I am using a child theme properly named). How can this easily be accomplished? Thanks

Rob
Quite likely, several thousand. The folder may not be renamed or your site will fail.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Changing the folder name will break future upgrades as well as important paths, and possibly all the store stuff. Changing the folder name is completely unsupported. Why would you want to?

WebWerx
There is no good reason to change the folder name.... "Simon" & "rangelone" are 100% correct. I also wonder if changing the name is contrary to the terms of the licensing agreement?

Simon
No there is no licensing restrictions with changing folder names, its just not supported in any way, things are likely to break.

Ok thanks well I did purchase the developer license. I just wanted to hide it from "view source" is all, it would be nice to have it when people view source they dont see "pagelines" as the main theme folder.

catrina
I can't think of any other way to get rid of that without actually breaking the site. Do you need assistance with anything else?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Unfortunately, the system is coded to use that folder name only and those who've tried to change it have quickly discovered their sites are broken. I don't think it's any reflection on anyone's site design work if the framework is branded. Some of the best artists use off-the-shelf canvases for their paintings, but that doesn't make the painting any less a work of art. Framework is merely a canvas upon which you create your own work of art.

Maybe there is a way I can hide this info? Is there a plugin that anyone knows of or a snippet? Thanks

catrina
I searched around, but I haven't seen or heard of any ways to hide that bit of info in the header. I know there have been WordPress users who asked if there is any way to hide the entire source code for their site pages, but there hasn't been any working solution (for a WordPress blog or any other site). There are only ways to make it very difficult for code to be seen, but that has its cons (please see here for reference: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89947). The most obvious solution is to disable right click, but there are alternative ways to view a site's code.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Catrina's correct. The only possible solution to deal with your problem would be to prevent right click. If you tamper with anything that would hide /pagelines/ in your header and the site breaks as a result, it will simply not be supported. Blocking right click is relatively easy and there are plenty of tools for that out there.