Sign in to follow this  
glynt

Site not displaying correctly on iPhone

glynt

Hi all, None of my Pagelines websites are displaying correctly on iPhone... For example, on http://gt-images.net the features display incorrectly - the overlay is along the bottom instead of down the side. Also, the page border shifts to the centre of the page instead of being around the outside... to try to solve this one I have used the different layout setting (responsive and static), but without success. Any help much appreciated! Thanks, Glyn (Pagelines 2.1.3)

Rob
Glyn, At [b]Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Layout Editor[/b], there's an option under [b]Disable Mobile Optimized View[/b]. If it's checked, try unchecking it. If unchecked, check it. See how it looks after you've taken action. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone or iPad to look at your site. That option may do the trick.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

glynt
Hi Rangelone, Thanks for your reply.... no change with either setting I'm afraid... Cheers, Glyn

Rob
Glyn, I must apologize but if you don't mind, I'll speak with the developer tomorrow morning and try to get to the bottom of this.

glynt
That would be great... thank you.

Rob
No problem.

glynt
Hi all, I'm afraid this issue has got worse with the latest upgrade. Now the menu no longer works on the iPhone. Is there any news of a solution? I really need this resolving as my websites are a complete mess on the iPhone.... For post upgrade issues see: http://gt-images.net (features, borders, menu not working properly on iPhone) For the pre-upgrade see: http://benidorm-selection.com (features and borders not working properly on iPhone) Many thanks, Glyn

Rob
Are you using the Browser CSS plugin Glyn?

glynt
Hi Rangelone, I don't think so.... I'm not using a WordPress plug in called 'Browser CSS' if that's what you mean?

glynt
Hi, I've found the plugin in the Pagelines store - were you asking because I should be using it or because it might be the cause of the problem? Just checking before I install!! Cheers, Glyn

Rob
Glyn, I'd recommend installing it. It takes your CSS code, even default code, and makes it browser specific, which can help a bit with various different systems such as iOS.

glynt
Hi Rangelone, It was worth a try, but no luck I'm afraid.... I really need to find a solution - so many people use iPhone and iPad....

Rob
Glyn, As I mentioned, I don't have an iPhone or iPad, for that matter, to view your site. It may simply be that you need a developer or pro to provide you with some greater insight or to provide some solutions specific to iOS. I do apologize profusely for this. I've helped people with Safari, Opera, IE7, 8, 9 and Firefox issues before but other than my laptop and flip phone, I don't go 'mobile'. It doesn't cost to ask, so perhaps you should seek a bid from some of our Pros at http://www.pagelines.com/pros and see if any can help with this. Again, I'm sorry. Looks like I'll have to save my pennies and get an iPad one of these days. Just to let you know... I've no clue how my sites look on those devices. ;)

glynt
Hi Rangleone, Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. However, it seems to me that the product I have purchased is faulty. I'm afraid I will not be paying extra money for it to be fixed. But thanks for trying anyway... Cheers, Glyn

Danny
Hi Glyn, Out of curiosity what are you layout settings, would it be possible to take a screenshot please. Also, can you screenshot your feature settings too please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

glynt
HI Danny, Please find screenshots of all layout settings below. It used to work fine with 1.5 with the same settings and I have only had problems since using Version 2. Here's a link for the screen shots http://mbf.cc/wJrDc Many thanks, Glyn

Danny
Hi Glyn, Can you try using one the Responsive Width layouts please and see if this resolves the issue.

glynt
HI Danny, Thanks for your message. I have tried both and there is no change I'm afraid.... Cheers, Glyn

Rob
Glyn, I'm going to ask one of our principal developers to take a look at this issue. Thanks for your kind patience.

Andrew
Hi there! Ok, so I checked into this and it appears we have a bug with the "static" layout mode. Although we'll be fixing this bug; there is a reason we haven't noticed it. The "static" mode is designed to be unresponsive. E.g. the element configuration should stay static. Even on mobile. For a quick fix, you can enable "Responsive with Pixel Width" as a layout mode, this will be fully responsive. we should have a patch out for this (2.1.6) by early next week. Again sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. Thanks for letting us know.

glynt
Thanks great, Thanks for your help...

Danny
Hi Glyn, For moderating purposes I have accepted Andrew's answer.

glynt
Hi, I'm afraid that the problem still appears to exit after installing 2.1.6.... both the border and the feature slider are still not displaying correctly... Cheers, Glyn

Danny
Hi Glyn, Would it be possible to take some screenshots of the issue(s) you're having please. So we can investigate this further.