Sign in to follow this  
ragusada

Social Networking Icons - CHANGE

ragusada

My website: www.g2builders.net On the top right of the site we have some basic social bookmarking icons. I want to change these to color icons as well as adding G+ and a few others. Is there an EASY way to do this?

Rob
The way to add social icons to the branding area (where you have them top right) is to include the ones you wish to add in a hook in functions.php. This file will be located in wp-content/themes/platformbase. Please see http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme for more information. There is also information available inside the file.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ragusada
Rangelone, I still have no clue how to do this :( -

catrina
Do you have PlatformBase activated in Appearance > Themes? If so, that's the first step to using the hook you can create to add the social icons. If it's not installed, you can download it from your PageLines Launchpad account.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ragusada
Thanks, I installed the unzipped folder into the right area but I don't see it when I go to appearance

catrina
Did you add the theme folder to your wp-content > themes directory on your site? Also, make sure you didn't change the name of theme folder (it needs to stay "platformbase").

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse