Sign in to follow this  
kbeaux

Background Image broken in 2.1.3

kbeaux

Hi All, I just upgraded to 2.1.3 and a couple of strange things have happened. 1. My background image originally wouldn't render. i re-uploaded it and now it will display for a brief second. Then it's replaced by a black background and the site then becomes unresponsive. 2. A border that was originally surrounding each box is now surrounding the entire box section. Strange indeed. http://www.jerseyicemovie.com/newsite/ Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers Kenn

Jenny
Your site doesn't load at all for me. Just get a white screen.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kbeaux
wow that's weird. It will load for a second in Safari then turn white, (and I could swear I see a flashing smiley face in the top left hand corner). Same with Firefox. It will load in Chrome without the background image and then it becomes unresponsive

Jenny
White screen means you have a PHP error. If you have added any PHP to functions.php or added any new plugins, that is most likely the reason. You will need to edit files via FTP.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Andrew
Before we get started here, did you deactivate your plugins to see if they were related?

kbeaux
I did thanks. And it seems to have reappeared by turning off the supersize background option. Though I had tried that a couple times earlier with no effect.

kbeaux
I spoke too soon. It's working in chrome but not in Firefox or Safari again.

Rob
I'm looking at it in Firefox and it's working just great. Background shows perfectly too.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kbeaux
Thanks rangelone. It is working in firefox now and in Safari, but strangely not in Chrome. It sometimes shows if the Supersize option is not checked, and that is a drag. Any ideas?

catrina
Strange, so it works the first time and then after refresh it does not work?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kbeaux
So Strange, it was there intermittently... it settled down after a couple days. now that I've moved the site it seems to be working all the time.