zvelena

Events Manager conflicts with contentbox

zvelena    0
zvelena

Hi I am using the Event Manager plugin for event management. It works allright for me, except I cannot use content boxes on event pages because they repeat the entire event information within the content box. As soon as I type anything into the content box, it repeats the entire event information. You can see an example here

Simon    247
Simon
Contentbox uses the_content filters before rendering its output, the events plugin is adding its content using that filter, thats why your seeing double. All i can suggest is make your own special copy of contentbox, rename it in the section.php and remove the filter by changing this line: [code]$c = apply_filters('the_content', $content);[/code] into [code]$c = $content;[/code]

zvelena    0
zvelena
Hi pross How do I "make my own special copy" of contentbox? Is this a section ? so I have to register a new section based on the renamed contentbox file ? Thanks

Simon    247
Simon
No you dont have to register anything! Just go into pagelines-sections folder and copy contentbox to contentbox_2 no open contentbox_2/section.php and change the header like so: [code]

zvelena    0
zvelena
Ok I copied the new section, named it contentbox_2, changed header, changed $c = $content;, saved, refreshed (its in the store!), activated on sidebar2, filled some content into contentbox_2. It isn't saving, the box stays empty.

zvelena    0
zvelena
Oh, and its doubling the contentbox on other pages

zvelena    0
zvelena
In fact, the doubling is loading the contents of the original contentbox

zvelena    0
zvelena
should I deactivate the original contentbox ?

zvelena    0
zvelena
OK I deactivated the original contentbox and now its working allright. Thanks pross ! Elena

Jenny    33
Jenny
Glad you were able to figure this out Elena! :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.