ah2evoxy82raqhs

Argh!!! Feature Banner STOPPED transitioning.

ah2evoxy82raqhs

I have a two image feature banner set that all of a sudden just stopped rotating images and only the first image shows up. I am not aware of making any changes to the features. Very perplexing. Any idea on how to trouble-shoot this? Thanks, John

catrina
Were there any new plugins you installed and activated? Did you upgrade recently? Also, can you please post a link to your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ah2evoxy82raqhs
http://www.dandylionhosting.com Can't think of any new plugins I installed just prior to noticing the problem. No major upgrade of the site. I added two scripts to the header, but things were working after that and I also tried removing them to test, just in case. That's not the problem. Very frustrating, the site just went live too. :( But isn't that always the way it is. :(

Jenny
Do you have any HTML in the TITLES of your features? If yes, it is correctly formatted? Do you have any HTML in the content/HTML area of your features? If yes, it is correctly formatted? Is your transition set on the page that the features appear?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ah2evoxy82raqhs
No HTML in titles. HTML is in the content area; it is correctly formatted. I don't understand question number three. There is no place to set the transition on a per page basis. The number of features to show and the name of the feature set is selected however. Again, nothing has changed (i.e. been edited) with the features and they have been working perfectly. Plugins installed on the site: [b]Add Link to Facebook[/b] (this was the latest plugin installed and transitions were working after installation) [b]Boxer[/b] (Barely works on the platform and the paid version doesn't work at all and was removed.) [b]Display widgets Invisible Captcha Jetpack by WordPress Post Teaser Post Types Order url2link Wordpress Firewall 2 WordPress Loop Widget WordPress SEO WordPress Tooltip WordTwit[/b] There is some custom Javascript added to the headers, but that didn't have an effect on transitioning of the features when it was originally installed. Again, thanks for your interest in trying to help me out with this. John

Simon
I think the features only start to transition when the document has loaded. Thing is you have some feed to microsoft that never actually loads and times out after nearly a minute, so if you actually wait that long that start to transition.
  • Like 1

ah2evoxy82raqhs
OMG PROSS!!!! That was it!!! Thank You!

honeytrek

@messer, how can I search to see if I also have a "hanging process". My features have also stopped rotating, and I don't have any HTML in there, and also haven't installed a new plug-in or added any code in a few months.

Site: www.HoneyTrek.com

Thanks.

Mike

honeytrek

Another piece of the puzzle, the navigation drop downs do NOT work on the homepage, but they work on all other pages of the site.

So whatever is affecting the navigation might also be affecting the rotating feature slider.

honeytrek

and yet another clue. When I logout of wp-admin the navigation drop downs show up again on the homepage.

however, the feature slider numbers are still missing.

first arrow in this screen shot is the drop downs.

second arrow in this screen shot is where the 10 numbers usually show up for the featured sliders that rotate through.

http://www.HoneyTrek.com/si/ThanksPageLineCrew.png

Thanks so much!

Danny

honeytrek

Please be aware that you're using Platform Pro. Platform Pro has been considered a legacy theme for over three years and therefore, support is no longer provided. You're also running an out of date version. The most stable version is 1.6.1, you're running 1.6.0. Therefore, you will want to install the latest version available on GitHub - https://github.com/pagelines/platformpro

However, if I was you I would upgrade to DMS, as eventually Platform Pro will cease to work with the latest versions of WordPress and no support is provided any more.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

honeytrek you have a jquery error, probably caused by a plugin you added.

honeytrek

Danny - thank you for the reply bro, i applaud and thank you for always checking in on us legacy PlatformPro people. I have not upgraded to DMS for a few reasons.

#1. PlatformPro works perfectly fine for me (although as you point out that might not be the case soon).

#2. I have done a lot of code tweaking to the Base theme (as well as some tweaks to PlatformPro), and I have no idea how many of those tweaks i will loose in the upgrade.

#3. I am nervous about all the time i will need to invest to learn a new theme and make it work for me.

Are my fears founded, or will the transition to DMS bee painless, and retain all my plugins, tweaks, posts, comments, and all that jazz?

Thanks.

Simon_P, thank you for the reply. Yeah I figured it was jQuery, since I think that is how the features rotates (i think). However I have just went through and deactivated all my plug-ins one by one, and refreshed my homepage and the slider never started working. Is there a more methodical way I can test this to find the bad plugin? And do i need to refresh my site cache somewhere to see the "true" version of the site?

Another peice of this weird puzzle is that when I am logged in as Admin the dropdowns in all my navigation also stop working (on all pages).

Thanks for any tips you can lend to helping me get this rotator going again,

Mike.

Simon

bump

You have LOTS of plugins installed and at least 3 jQuery related errors on the page, probably caused by plugins. Disable plugins, find the one causing the error.

This post is over 3 years old and is not monitored, thats why you wont see replies. Open a new post please if you still need assistance.

Apologies to the original poster for repeated new post reply emails.