Sign in to follow this  
timquiggle

Carousel Stuck. Please help.

timquiggle

My carousel was working fine, and now it will only show the first picture. The strange thing is, if I click on the right button, to slide forward, the picture stays the same, put if I point at it it shows the title for another picture, and if I click on the picture it brings up the post for that other picture (not the one showing in the carousel). I can't get it to behave. Any ideas? If you want to take a look its www.timothyquiggle.com

Jenny
Have you installed or activated any plugins since it stopped working? Did you update anything? Please try disabling ALL plugins and see if the issue persists.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

timquiggle
Simple_mama, I tried that, and nothing changed. Any other ideas?

timquiggle
As far as updates: I updated both Wordpress and PlatformPro. You think I may have to re-install? I would prefer a fix, if possible. The site is pretty simple, just one page. Maybe if you take a look something will jump out. thanks in advance!

catrina
I don't know what difference re-installing would make, but you can try it and see if the problem persists.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Hi Tim, I suspect this may be a bug. Can you tell me if you've made any changes of any kind lately? Updates, adding a new post... anything? Also, I'd like you to try an experiment, if you don't mind. Go to Dashboard > Posts > Categories and if you don't have anything other than Uncategorized, please create a new category. Preferably, a single word like "projects". This is a very easy process. Then, please go to one of your posts relating to one of your projects and edit the post to assign it to that category. Make sure, while you're there, that the feature image shows up as the one you want there, not the default that seems to be showing in your carousel. Save. Then, looking at your carousel, see if the edited posts shows the correct thumbnail in the carousel. Let me know. We're doing this to eliminate a remote possibility and to help me craft a bug report. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

timquiggle
Thanks for getting back to me. I already deleted and reinstalled wordpress and pagelines; and have recreated the site. The carousel is working now. I can tell you what I did before the bug showed up - I updated both wordpress and platform pro. Then, I tried to do some work on the site, (many changes, can't remember them all) and then the bug showed up. At one point in my futile effort to try and get it to work I tried using labels like you suggested, and nothing changed. Hope that helps.

Rob
I'm glad you were able to resolve it. Since you described human error, there's really no bug to report. I wouldn't know what exactly to show to replicate the problem. The most important thing however is that it's resolved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur