Sign in to follow this  
marcaflalocom

2.1.2 Messed with my Features

marcaflalocom

My features are using the Text on Bottom option, the moment after i updated to 2.1.2 the text overlay covers the entire image. Check it at www.nhlhomeice.com/new/ Need to fix! Any ideas?

Jenny
That is definitely a bug. Would you please submit the bug to: http://pagelines.com/tracking/pagelinesframework As a temporary fix (and this is for your site only), please add the following to your custom code -> custom css section: [code]#feature_slider .text-bottom .fcontent .dcol-pad { margin-top: 27%; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

marcaflalocom
Doing the bug report now. BTW, that fix moved the text down, but the black overlay is still over the entire image.

Jenny
I can't figure out the overlay fix. However, this will remove the overlay completely if you'd like to do that temporarily: [code]#feature_slider .fcontent { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; }[/code]

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

travelcafe
We also see this overlay bug on our site, and hope for a quick resolution.

revoltoid
hello, just to confirm the above reports, features behave same way on my site as well.

Andrew
Ya sorry about this one, the new responsive feature mode messed with things a bit more than expected. Fixed and patched now.. update in your admin.

vanbael
Hi all, I just updated from 2.0 to the 2.1.6 and the problem with the features still pops up. The two quick fixes above do work, but I'd like to keep an overlay behind my text at the bottom. Now the whole feature image is dark due to an overlay. I would be very happy if someone could have a look at my home page: www.lincelot.com. Thanks in advance! P.S. Just did a quick check: there is no overlay in Safari and Firefox, and there is a full-image overlay in Chrome?! I am pretty sure I cleared caches on all browsers... In any case, I'd really like to have things the way they were before the update: a nice overlay background behind my text (not the whole image) on all browsers.

Jenny
@vanbael Could you provide us with a link to your site?

vanbael
@simple_mama That is www.lincelot.com Thanks already for looking into it!

catrina
Try this CSS for reducing the height of the overlay: [code]div.feature-pad.fset_height.fix { height: 104px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

vanbael
Thank you for your help, @catrina. Your suggestion set me on the right path. It took just a few extra minor adjustments to restore the feature design. Thanks!

Rob
I presume this is resolved, so I'll accept Catrina's answer for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur