Sign in to follow this  
bnapoli

Only some of the Carousel thumbnails show up for Category Posts

bnapoli

I accidentally "accepted" the response in a previous thread and had to reopen a new one to find an answer to this. I've checked the forums extensively and can't find a solution to this. I recently upgraded from Platform Pro to Framework. I'm using the Carousel on the homepage of www.ambitioninsight.com but only two of the post thumbnails are showing. I chose the correct category (portfolio), put it the correct image sizes and filled out all the fields correctly. I made sure it was set correctly even on the template I'm using for the homepage. All the posts have featured images added properly, my cache is turned off and I've even tried disabling it. I've tried disabling other plugins, I've tried adding a new post with a thumbnail, nothing has worked. When I change the "category" the thumbnails work perfectly fine. Even if I try to use NEXTGen they work just fine. For whatever reason, they aren't liking the current setup. I had them working perfectly in Platform Pro, could it be that I need to delete the old theme? This worked perfectly fine with the carousel on Platform Pro. I have changed no other settings and added nothing new, no new code, no new plugins, nothing. Just made upgrade to Framework. The featured category is the Portfolio section, http://www.ambitioninsight.com/category/portfolio/ Two of my "featured images" are showing up but for some reason none of the others are. I've checked to see if there is anything special about these posts, but have found nothing to indicate why they would work and the others not. Thanks in advance for your help

catrina
[quote]I had them working perfectly in Platform Pro, could it be that I need to delete the old theme?[/quote] I don't think that could be the reason why the Carousel thumbnails aren't working this time. Did you install anything from the Store? If so, are those items deactivated, too?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bnapoli
Same thing happened to me Catrina. I actually went and deleted the old theme but it didn't fix the issue. I can get the carousel thumbnails to show up if I choose a NextGen Gallery and even if I choose a different category but for some reason the "Portfolio" category won't display. I had another similar error with the Feature slider now too. Any "features" that I created in Platform Pro will not display properly in Framework. I needed to delete them and recreate. I even had to recreate a new feature set. I have 40+ pages in the Portfolio section so redoing every post isn't an option. Even when I go back to each post and delete the featured image and replace it -- that still doesn't work. Deleted WP Super Cache. Even tried to add a new post in the same category with a fresh thumbnail and that didn't work. Not to add a new issue to this threat but, if I try to add a link or text to a "feature" slide, the feature goes blank. Perhaps these are related?

bnapoli
I didn't install anything from the Store.

bnapoli
Here is a demo of the error: [url="http://www.ambitioninsight.com/pagelinesforumerror-temp/"]http://www.ambitioninsight.com/pagelinesforumerror-temp/[/url]

Danny
Hi, I have reviewed the link above and when I click on the Carousel no thumb image it takes me to the post and that post has no feature thumbnail image. Thats why there are no images.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bnapoli
Yes they do, every single post on there has a featured thumbnail image. You can see all of them displaying properly here: [url="http://www.ambitioninsight.com/category/portfolio/"]http://www.ambitioninsight.com/category/portfolio/[/url]

catrina
I'm seeing what Danny is seeing, as well. When I go to the posts, there are no thumbnail images visible. They are visible from the category pages in the post excerpts, just not in the individual posts.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bnapoli
I have them disabled for the individual post pages on purpose -- I only want them to show up on the category pages. They were never enabled on indiv. posts on Platform Pro but they worked just fine in the carousel. Are you saying they need to be enabled on the individual post pages in order to work on the carousel?

Jenny
No you don't need to show the thumbnails on posts to have them appear. You do, however, need the image set in the "featured image" section of the individual post. And then you need to tell the carousel where to pull images from (WP -> PageLines -> Meta -> (whatever kind of page it is) -> Carousel

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

bnapoli
As I mentioned previously in this thread, every single post has a featured image set on the individual post, even though they don't display on the posts (I set it that way on purpose) I can assure you all of them have featured images set. If you look in the category page, you can see them all. [url="http://www.ambitioninsight.com/category/portfolio/"]http://www.ambitioninsight.com/category/portfolio/[/url] I have already gone to WP - Pagelines - Meta and the "site defaults" I chose to pull from the "portfolio" category and I chose "Post thumbnails"

Rob
Brett, I'm seeing this problem elsewhere. Please be patient as I report this as a bug. Oddly, I'm seeing it also in PlatformPro. Can you tell me if there's anything unique about the two that do show up compared to the others? And yes, I agree, you have thumbnails and the posts are in the category. One question that can help me isolate this... in the page where the carousel is located, did you check to make sure everything in the PageLines Meta Settings for the carousel are set correctly? I'm sure they are but I just need you to double check and let me know. Thanks for your patience.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bnapoli
Thanks Rangelone for the help. There is nothing unique about those two posts, which is why I've been so confused. I just double checked that page specifically and the meta settings are all perfect. I have setup other websites using Framework and not had this issue. Maybe it's because I was uploading from Platform Pro. But I just tried adding a whole new post with a completely new featured image thumbnail and even that one didn't show up. Now remember, the Carousel works for other images and thumbnails from other categories. This one category, for whatever reason, isn't working. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Rob
Can you tell me what time zone you're in? We have a new system for screen sharing and if we can schedule something for Thursday afternoon Eastern Time, I'd be happy to work with you and take a look under the hood, kick the tires and take it for a test drive, with you right there to help me see what you're doing, and to see what I'm looking at. I don't make changes to your site in this process, but we will chat live during the screen sharing session so that you know what needs to be done, if anything.

bnapoli
That sounds great, I appreciate it. I'm in Eastern Time (South Florida). Would you be available in the evening on Monday or early in the day on Tuesday? Thanks so much for the help, really appreciated.

Rob
Shall we say Tuesday at 10AM EST? I will send you a link to a screen sharing session via the Inbox found at the top of this page. You'll see a number next to "Inbox", our private messaging system.

bnapoli
Sounds good

Jenny
I'm sure @rangleone will be able to help you with this. Please let us know how it turns out!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Danny
Hi bnapoli, Edit** I've just realised the issue, you're using NextGen Gallery to automatically add the images to posts. The Carousel doesn't support this feature. Therefore, I recommend you use the Feature Thumbnail image option.

Please search our forums, before posting!