Sign in to follow this  
wdprice

Error message: Cannot redeclare GetMama()

wdprice

I'm getting an odd error message on my category pages all of a sudden: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare GetMama() (previously declared in /home/cargaz5/public_html/greenshootmedia.com/index.php:1) in /home/cargaz5/public_html/greenshootmedia.com/wp-content/themes/platformpro/index.php on line 1 Any idea what this is or how to fix it? Here's an example of a URL on the live site: http://greenshootmedia.com/archives/category/finance

Simon
I dont know what GetMama() is, it is not part of PlatformPro thats for sure. You should not be editing index.php either in the wordpress directory or the platformpro directory

wdprice
I haven't. That's the strange thing. It's odd that it refers to Line 1, which is nothing but

Rob
Have you added any plugins lately? Or updated any? Have you access on the backend to your Dashboard at all? Can you check the user database to see if anyone has managed to gain admin access? Have you reviewed your log files for unauthorized entry?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
It appears to be a virus. Is your site hosted on a Windows or Linux based server? I'd suggest you contact the host immediately. They may have antivirus tools to check your site.

wdprice
Yeah, I found the problem. Turns out it was a virus. This is the third time my site has been compromised. Every time my host says it's been cleaned and to change all my passwords. I do ... but then mystery code gets inserted again a few weeks later. I have other sites hosted with them and don't have any problems like this. There's only one admin in the user list, and that's me. I checked the users in phpMyAdmin and didn't see anything unusual for the database access. Just the users I'd setup ... but obviously a virus is getting access to it. Any suggestions on where else to tighten security?

Danny
Hi, Who is your host ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob
They should look for a rootkit or some other access point. You clearly have a vulnerable point in there. Possibly a rogue plugin or theme you downloaded after a Google search. It's happened to me too in the past.