Sign in to follow this  
ilonka65

Simplify Footer

ilonka65

Hello I am trying to add some simple text links to the footer area, but it doesn't seem to be working properly... http://byronbaysmashrepairs.com.au/test/ I followed the advice on a different post to add 5 text widgets into the 5 column footer sidebar. I have added the following text with hyperlink to appropriate page(1 for each widget) Panel Beating Spray Painting Accident Repairs Dent Removal Rust Repairs For some reason only the first two are showing...also its weird that they are not horizontally aligned? Kind regards Ilonka

Danny
Hi, The HTML is incorrect each link is in a separate div, thats why they aren't aligned. I think the easiest solution would be to simply create a Menu and assign this menu to the Footer.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ilonka65
Hi Danny Thank you, I have removed the widgets, created a new menu and tried assigning it to "Page Navigation in Simple Footer Section" and/or "Page Navigation in Footer Columns" under appearance > menus. I have also tried ticking & unticking "Hide Footer Sidebars (5-Column)" inside home page and I have added the new footer menu in "General Page Setup" "Select the menu you would like to use for your secondary nav" and can't get the menu to show, I hope you can help!

Jenny
I believe you need to add the menu as a widget also. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ilonka65
Hello simple_mama When I add the menu back into widgets Footer Sidebars(5 column), the menu entries are stacked underneath eachother instead of spanning the width of the page, I'm not sure how to correct that I have added the Custome Menu widget and selected Footer Menu from the dropdown http://byronbaysmashrepairs.com.au/test/

WebWerx
Are you in "More Foot"?

tsalstrand
If you're wanting all your links to be side-by-side, then you might want to setup how many columns you want in your footer (Pagelines>Settings>Header & Footer>Number of Footer Columns). Then add the same number of widgets into your Footer Column Sidebar (Appearance>Widgets>Footer Column Sidebar). In this case it looks like you want 4 links so you'll set 4 columns and place 4 widgets in your Footer Column Sidebar.

catrina
Leave the footer menu as is and add this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS in your settings: [code]ul#menu-footer-menu .menu {width: 900px;} ul#menu-footer-menu .menu li.menu-item {display: inline;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ilonka65
Hi Catrina I have tried your suggestion and it still looks the same

Danny
@ilonka65 Please follow the instructions below and reply here if this is not what you wanted. 1. Login to Wordpress Admin Dashboard 2. Go to PageLines > Templates and select the Footer Area (template - underneath MoreFoot) 3. Now if it isn't already there, drag and drop the Simple Nav section into the "Active Sections" area. 4. Now go to Appearances > Menu and if you have already created your menu, on the left hand side there is a section called Theme Locations. At the top there is one called Simple Nav, in the drop down select the menu you wish to be used in the Footer. Once you have completed the above click save and then refresh your website, the menu should now be visible in the footer.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ilonka65
Hi Danny That is working better (really great!) thank you, except for a big heading that says the name of the website in what looks like an H1....not sure where that came from! I am using Platform Pro still because the upgrade didn't work very well

catrina
It's being generated by the Simple Footer Navigation. You can hide it by adding this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]#logo h1.site-title {display: none !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ilonka65
that worked a treat, thanks everyone for your help (*)