Sign in to follow this  
jasonlioh

Extra Excerpt On First Post

jasonlioh

I am using a magazine layout and displaying my first post as full width. However, the excerpt is showing on the main page, making the text duplicated for the first one or two paragraphs. You can check it out at www.hungryc.com. Any way to remove the excerpt for the first post displaying on the main page?

catrina
Can you please post a screenshot of the excerpt settings in your Blog And Posts settings?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jasonlioh
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/jason_lioh/Ivy.png[/url] I am sorry I missed that out.

jasonlioh
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/jason_lioh/Ivy2.png[/url] I chose to display entire post for the first post on my main page, and excerpt for the rest. However, it is displaying the excerpt for the first post, hence the duplicate. I tweaked around but still the same.

Rob
Hi, How did you set the full width post to include the full post? By a setting somewhere? Was there some customization of the template to get the social media link at the bottom of the excerpt? Do you have an excerpt included in the post excerpt field itself or is the excerpt being generated dynamically from the opening paragraphs of the content?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jasonlioh
Rangelone, Full width post is set under "Blog and Posts" -> "Full Width Posts (Magazine Layout Mode Only)" -> Number of Full Width Posts? -> 1. The Facebook like is a WordPress plugin. The problem remains regardless of the plugin is activated or not. The excerpt is self generated from the opening paragraphs.

Danny
Hi Jason, Can you send me a PM with admin account details so I can take a closer look please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
Hi Jason, I've added some custom CSS to resolve this for you. I've also added this to the tracker as a possible bug.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jasonlioh
Hi Danny, thank you very much! Will this be included in the next update for those who are on the 1.5 version?