Sign in to follow this  
benstyledesigns

2 different font size in one area.. Little confused

benstyledesigns

Hey everyone, I'm trying to do something cool with text on the main page of my site. I want 2 sections of text. The first one I want nice and big like 40px and the second part smaller, like a normal size.. I played around with the Callout thingy but I can't get it right.. Shall I go with the normal area for content and format it in there? The only way is custom CSS right? I would be grateful for some advice Ben

Simon
You could do something funky with the free fittext section.

benstyledesigns
Thanks pross, I can't seem to download it, after I login it still says: "Login to Download" It seems cool tho

Simon
Strange, you can install it from he store inside wordpress backend: pagelines/store/sections/free which will auto install it for you too or get it here http://www.pagelines.com/api/store_free/

benstyledesigns
Thanks! I just installed it :) The text is HUGE, There doesn't seem to be an option to set the text size? Do you know?

benstyledesigns
Sorry catrina my site is behind a coming soon page.. Would you know the CSS for this?

catrina
Will you let me know how small you want the text? In pixel value? (12px, 14px, 16px, etc.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

benstyledesigns
Yeah I'd like the text in it to be 32px

catrina
Using Firebug (a CSS inspection tool), you can find the CSS selector used for the text you want to resize (in this case, the fittext section). For instructions on how to use Firebug to find the customization you're looking for, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS#How_to_use_CSS_Inspection_Tools This is the style attribute you need to use in the code to change the text size: [code]{font-family: 32px;}[/code] In the end, the CSS should look something like this (this code should be added to Custom Code > Custom CSS in Settings under the PageLines tab on your Dashboard): [code]CSSSELECTOR {font-family: 32px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse