Sign in to follow this  
voiid

Default Meta Sesstings for single posts

voiid

Hey Guys, just to remark, I read many discussions here and I tried to find help in the manual, nada! I checked all kind of menus and tried alot, nothing works. I want to have Meta "Settings Default Single Post" I added RSS feeds in a three columns footer columns sidebar and I want this only to appears in the default startpage with WP "Front page displays >> Your latest posts" Everything so far is ok, and I know that I can make a full width no sidebar layout for single post in every single post meta settings, but when I have many posts already I want to define that each single post has full width, no footer columns no menu bar, so that all post are SEO optimized. When I edit the "Meta Settings >> Blog Page" to full width, guess what happens, I still have primary sidebar and footer columns sidebar, menu & everything in each single post, but they are gone in the default pages and on the startpage listing all posted posts... So whats the deal, sure I could step thru hundreds of single posts, and modify each post Meta Settings (that works) individually, but that's crazy. So where can I META SETTING edit, that my ordinary default single posts DO NOT HAVE menu bar, are full width, no primary sidebar and NO footer columns sidebar? Thanks for your help

Simon
This is pretty easy :) In the template setup area find the footer columns section, click the little options button and tick 'hide by default'. Now the sections is hidden on every page/post unless you enable it. So go back to the meta settings page, click blog ( your front page ) The footer columns will now say show not hide, tick it and save. Now the columns will only be enabled on that page, clever huh? ;)

voiid
pross! I was there and I clicked but seems I was a little unpatient as it took a while until the menu popped up. Your suggestion is the right solution. Thank you :)